A case study of pricing strategies in European airline markets: The London â€“ Amsterdam route
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014.
"Price discrimination through refund contracts in airlines,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-8.
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014. "Price Discrimination through Refund Contracts in Airlines," MPRA Paper 53629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudio A. Piga & Enrico Bachis, 2006. "Pricing strategies by European traditional and low cost airlines. Or, when is it the best time to book on line?," Discussion Paper Series 2006_14, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2006.
- Borenstein, Severin & Rose, Nancy L, 1994.
"Competition and Price Dispersion in the U.S. Airline Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 653-683, August.
- Severin Borenstein & Nancy L. Rose, 1991. "Competition and Price Dispersion in the U.S. Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 3785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaggero, Alberto A. & Piga, Claudio A., 2010. "Airline competition in the British Isles," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 270-279, March.
- Gillen, David & Mantin, Benny, 2009. "Price volatility in the airline markets," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 693-709, September.
- Giaume, Stephanie & Guillou, Sarah, 2004. "Price discrimination and concentration in European airline markets," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 305-310.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2009. "Does Competition Reduce Price Dispersion? New Evidence from the Airline Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(1), pages 1-37, February.
- Steven L. Puller & Anirban Sengupta & Steven N. Wiggins, 2009. "Testing Theories of Scarcity Pricing in the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 15555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Alderighi, 2010. "The Role of Fences in Oligopolistic Airline Markets," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 44(2), pages 189-206, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DomÃnguez-Menchero, J. Santos & Rivera, Javier & Torres-Manzanera, Emilio, 2014. "Optimal purchase timing in the airline market," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 137-143.
- Tomasz Stanisław Szopiński & Robert Nowacki, 2014. "Plane Ticket Price Dispersion in the Online Selling System in Poland," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 8(2), June.
- Cattaneo, Mattia & Malighetti, Paolo & Morlotti, Chiara & Redondi, Renato, 2016. "Quantity price discrimination in the air transport industry: The easyJet case," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-8.
- Eugenio-Martin, Juan L. & Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2016. "Low-cost travel and tourism expenditures," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 140-159.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket segmentation; Stay restrictions; Inter-temporal discrimination; Pricing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:17:y:2011:i:6:p:369-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .