Longevity risk, cost of capital and hedging for life insurers under Solvency II
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Elderfield, 2009. "Solvency II: Setting the Pace for Regulatory Change," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 34(1), pages 35-41, January.
- Enrico Biffis & David Blake & Lorenzo Pitotti & Ariel Sun, 2016.
"The Cost of Counterparty Risk and Collateralization in Longevity Swaps,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(2), pages 387-419, June.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David & Pitotti, Lorenzo & Sun, Ariel, 2011. "The cost of counterparty risk and collateralization in longevity swaps," MPRA Paper 35740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Blake & Andrew Cairns & Kevin Dowd & Richard MacMinn, 2006. "Longevity Bonds: Financial Engineering, Valuation, and Hedging," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 647-672.
- Kijima, Masaaki & Muromachi, Yukio, 2008. "An extension of the Wang transform derived from Bühlmann's economic premium principle for insurance risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 887-896, June.
- Ngai, Andrew & Sherris, Michael, 2011. "Longevity risk management for life and variable annuities: The effectiveness of static hedging using longevity bonds and derivatives," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 100-114, July.
- Schrager, David F., 2006. "Affine stochastic mortality," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 81-97, February.
- Jones, David, 2000. "Emerging problems with the Basel Capital Accord: Regulatory capital arbitrage and related issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 35-58, January.
- Ragnar Norberg, 2013. "Optimal hedging of demographic risk in life insurance," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 197-222, January.
- Blake, David & Brockett, Patrick & Cox, Samuel & MacMinn, Richard, 2011. "Longevity risk and capital markets: The 2009-2010 update," MPRA Paper 28868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2006. "A Two-Factor Model for Stochastic Mortality with Parameter Uncertainty: Theory and Calibration," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 687-718.
- Wills, Samuel & Sherris, Michael, 2010. "Securitization, structuring and pricing of longevity risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 173-185, February.
- Blake, David & Biffs, Enrico, 2012. "Keeping Some Skin in the Game: How to Start a Capital Market in Longevity Risk Transfers," MPRA Paper 44680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Blake & Christophe Courbage & Richard MacMinn & Michael Sherris, 2011.
"Longevity Risk and Capital Markets: The 2010–2011 Update,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 36(4), pages 489-500, October.
- Blake, David & Courbage, Christophe & MacMinn, Richard & Sherris, Michael, 2011. "Longevity risks and capital markets: The 2010-2011 update," MPRA Paper 34279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blake, D. & Cairns, A. J. G. & Dowd, K., 2006. "Living with Mortality: Longevity Bonds and Other Mortality-Linked Securities," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 153-197, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- René Doff, 2016. "The Final Solvency II Framework: Will It Be Effective?," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 587-607, October.
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:5:y:2017:i:2:p:29-:d:98116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Man Chung Fung & Katja Ignatieva & Michael Sherris, 2015. "Managing Systematic Mortality Risk in Life Annuities: An Application of Longevity Derivatives," Papers 1508.00090, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital management; Solvency; Longevity risk; Reinsurance; Securitisation;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:55:y:2014:i:c:p:147-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.