A generalization of the Kaplan–Meier estimator for analyzing bivariate mortality under right-censoring and left-truncation with applications in model-checking for survival copula models
In this paper we provide a new nonparametric estimator of the joint distribution of two lifetimes under random right censoring and left truncation which can be seen as a bivariate extension of the Kaplan–Meier estimator. We derive asymptotic results for this estimator, including uniform n1/2-consistency, and develop a general methodology for bivariate lifetime modeling, a critical issue in studying reversion conditions that are commonplace in defined benefit pensions and private annuity contracts. An application to goodness-of-fit for survival copula models is discussed. We show that the procedures that we use are consistent, and propose a bootstrap procedure based on our estimator to compute the critical values. The new technique that we propose is tested on the Canadian dataset initially studied by Frees et al. (1996).
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- César Sánchez Sellero & Wenceslao González Manteiga & Ingrid Keilegom, 2005. "Uniform Representation of Product-Limit Integrals with Applications," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(4), pages 563-581.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2007.
"Modelling Stochastic Mortality for Dependent Lives,"
CeRP Working Papers
58, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Luciano, Elisa & Spreeuw, Jaap & Vigna, Elena, 2008. "Modelling stochastic mortality for dependent lives," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 234-244, October.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2007. "Modelling stochastic mortality for dependent lives," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 43, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Ross L. Prentice & F. Zoe Moodie & Jianrong Wu, 2004. "Hazard-based nonparametric survivor function estimation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(2), pages 305-319.
- Michael G. Akritas & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003. "Estimation of bivariate and marginal distributions with censored data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 457-471.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:3:p:505-516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.