Periodic market closure and order imbalances
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-64, June.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1989. "A Day-End Transaction Price Anomaly," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 29-45, March.
- Ho, Richard Yan-Ki & Cheung, Yan-Leung & Cheung, Daniel W. W., 1993. "Intraday prices and trading volume relationship in an emerging Asian market - Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 203-214, May.
- Brock, William A. & Kleidon, Allan W., 1992. "Periodic market closure and trading volume : A model of intraday bids and asks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 451-489.
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-39, July.
- McInish, Thomas H. & Wood, Robert A., 1990. "An analysis of transactions data for the Toronto Stock Exchange : Return patterns and end-of-the-day effect," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 441-458, August.
- Porter, David C., 1992. "The Probability of a Trade at the Ask: An Examination of Interday and Intraday Behavior," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 209-227, June.
- Gerety, Mason S & Mulherin, J Harold, 1992. " Trading Halts and Market Activity: An Analysis of Volume at the Open and the Close," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1765-84, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1990.
"Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?,"
NBER Working Papers
2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 1989. " Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-53, December.
- Slezak, Steve L, 1994. " A Theory of the Dynamics of Security Returns around Market Closures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1163-1211, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:8:y:1997:i:1:p:95-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.