Stock selection based on Morningstar's ten-year, five-star general equity mutual funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chandy, P R & Peavy, John W, III & Reichenstein, William, 1993. "A Note on the Value Line Stock Highlight Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 171-179, Summer.
- Walker, M. Mark & Hatfield, Gay B., 1996. "Professional stock analysts' recommendations: Implications for individual investors," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, pages 13-29.
- Gold, Steven C. & Lebowitz, Paul, 1999. "Computerized stock screening rules for portfolio selection," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, pages 61-70.
- Kolb, Robert W & Rodriguez, Ricardo J, 1990. "Is the Distribution of Betas Stationary?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 279-283, Winter.
- Andrew Metrick, 1999.
"Performance Evaluation with Transactions Data: The Stock Selection of Investment Newsletters,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1743-1775, October.
- Andrew Metrick, 1998. "Performance Evaluation with Transactions Data: The Stock Selection of Investment Newsletters," NBER Working Papers 6648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- P. R. Chandy & John W. Peavy III & William Reichenstein, 1993. "A Note On The Value Line Stock Highlight Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 171-179, June.
- Mann, Steven V. & Solberg, Donald P., 1991. "Should individual investors avoid the stock market outside of January?," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, pages 101-108.
- Volkman, David A. & Wohar, Mark E., 1996. "Abnormal profits and relative strength in mutual fund returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 101-116.
- Terrance Odean, 1999. "Do Investors Trade Too Much?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1279-1298, December.
- Rich, Steven P. & Reichenstein, William, 1993. "Market timing for the individual investor: Using the predictability of long-horizon stock returns to enhance portfolio performance," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, pages 29-43.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(2), pages 133-157, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finser:v:9:y:2000:i:2:p:145-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.rmi.gsu.edu/FSR/FSRhome.htm .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.