Empirical tests of the float-adjusted return model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Weill, Pierre-Olivier, 2008.
"Liquidity premia in dynamic bargaining markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 66-96, May.
- Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2004. "Liquidity Premia in Dynamic Bargaining Markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 648, Econometric Society.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1989. " The Effects of Beta, Bid-Ask Spread, Residual Risk, and Size on Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 479-486, June.
- Chen, G M & Lee, Bong-Soo & Rui, Oliver, 2001. "Foreign Ownership Restrictions and Market Segmentation in China's Stock Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 133-155, Spring.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Kevin Q. Wang, 2003. "Asset Pricing with Conditioning Information: A New Test," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 161-196, February.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pastor, Lubos & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2003.
"Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 642-685, June.
- Luboš Pástor & Robert F. Stambaugh, "undated". "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CRSP working papers 531, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Lubos Pastor & Robert F. Stambaugh, 2001. "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 8462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pástor, Luboš & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2002. "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 3494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-636, May-June.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jelisavka Bulatovic, 2011. "Application of Method of Financial Risk in Serbian Companies - Survey Sample Company," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(2), pages 54-73, June.
- Guangchuan Li & Lei Lu & Bo Wu & Zhou Zhang, 2014. "Asymmetric information, illiquidity and asset returns: evidence from China," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 947-957, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Da, Zhi & Guo, Re-Jin & Jagannathan, Ravi, 2012.
"CAPM for estimating the cost of equity capital: Interpreting the empirical evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 204-220.
- Zhi Da & Re-Jin Guo & Ravi Jagannathan, 2009. "CAPM for Estimating the Cost of Equity Capital: Interpreting the Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 14889, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefano Gubellini, 2014. "Conditioning information and cross-sectional anomalies," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 529-569, October.
- Turan G. Bali & Robert F. Engle & Yi Tang, 2017.
"Dynamic Conditional Beta Is Alive and Well in the Cross Section of Daily Stock Returns,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(11), pages 3760-3779, November.
- Turan G. Bali & Robert F. Engle & Yi Tang, 2013. "Dynamic Conditional Beta is Alive and Well in the Cross-Section of Daily Stock Returns," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1305, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- François-Éric Racicot & William F. Rentz & Alfred L. Kahl, 2017. "Rolling Regression Analysis of the Pástor-Stambaugh Model: Evidence from Robust Instrumental Variables," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 23(1), pages 75-90, February.
- Cakici, Nusret & Zaremba, Adam, 2021. "Liquidity and the cross-section of international stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Chabi-Yo, Fousseni & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2018.
"Crash Sensitivity and the Cross Section of Expected Stock Returns,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 1059-1100, June.
- Chabi-Yo, Fousseni & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2013. "Crash Sensitivity and the Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Working Papers on Finance 1324, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Feb 2016.
- Kelmara Mendes Vieira & Paulo Sérgio Ceretta & Juliara Lopes da Fonseca, 2011. "Influence of variation of liquidity in asset pricing: panel analysis of the brazilian market for the period january 2000 to june 2008," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 8(3), pages 40-63, July.
- Racicot, François-Éric & Rentz, William F., 2018. "Does Illiquidity Matter? An Errors-in-Variables Perspective/¿Es importante la iliquidez? Un análisis desde el enfoque de errores en variables," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 36, pages 251-262, Enero.
- Stereńczak, Szymon & Zaremba, Adam & Umar, Zaghum, 2020. "Is there an illiquidity premium in frontier markets?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
- Kim, Soohun & Skoulakis, Georgios, 2018. "Ex-post risk premia estimation and asset pricing tests using large cross sections: The regression-calibration approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 159-188.
- Figlioli, Bruno & Lima, Fabiano Guasti, 2019. "Stock pricing in Latin America: The synchronicity effect," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-17.
- Atilgan, Yigit & Bali, Turan G. & Demirtas, K. Ozgur & Gunaydin, A. Doruk, 2020. "Left-tail momentum: Underreaction to bad news, costly arbitrage and equity returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(3), pages 725-753.
- Gregory Connor & Lisa R. Goldberg & Robert A. Korajczyk, 2010. "Portfolio Risk Analysis," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9224, April.
- Kim, Soon-Ho & Kim, Dongcheol & Shin, Hyun-Soo, 2012. "Evaluating asset pricing models in the Korean stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 198-227.
- Boons, M.F., 2014. "Sorting out commodity and macroeconomic risk in expected stock returns," Other publications TiSEM 1ebdac58-bf37-499d-8835-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bathia, Deven & Bredin, Don, 2018. "Investor sentiment: Does it augment the performance of asset pricing models?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 290-303.
- Hollstein, Fabian & Prokopczuk, Marcel & Wese Simen, Chardin, 2020. "Beta uncertainty," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Constantinos Antoniou & John A. Doukas & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2016. "Investor Sentiment, Beta, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 347-367, February.
- Zhong, Angel, 2018. "Idiosyncratic volatility in the Australian equity market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-125.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Charlotte Christiansen & Neophytos Lambertides & Christos S. Savva, 2019.
"Idiosyncratic volatility puzzle: influence of macro-finance factors,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 381-401, February.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Charlotte Christiansen & Neophytos Lambertides & Christos S. Savva, 2014. "Idiosyncratic Volatility Puzzle: Influence of Macro-Finance Factors," CREATES Research Papers 2014-45, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Aslanidis, Nektarios & Christiansen, Charlotte & Lambertides, Neophytos & Savva, Christos S., 2015. "Idiosyncratic Volatility Puzzle: Influence of Macro-Finance Factors," Working Papers 2072/246968, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsChinese stock market Free float Liquidity Stock returns;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:6:y:2009:i:4:p:219-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.