The allocation of property rights to land: US land policy and farm failure in the northern great plains
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ferrie, Joseph P., 1994. "The Wealth Accumulation of Antebellum European Immigrants to the U.S., 1840–60," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(01), pages 1-33, March.
- Libecap, Gary D., 1981. "Bureaucratic Opposition to the Assignment of Property Rights: Overgrazing on the Western Range," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 151-158, March.
- Saloutos, Theodore, 1962. "Land Policy and Its Relation to Agricultural Production and Distribution, 1862 to 1933," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(04), pages 445-460, December.
- Taylor Dennen, R., 1976. "Cattlemen's associations and property rights in land in the American West," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 423-436, November.
- Libecap, Gary D. & Johnson, Ronald N., 1979. "Property Rights, Nineteenth-Century Federal Timber Policy, and the Conservation Movement," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 129-142, March.
- Reynoldson, L. A. & Kifer, R. S. & Martin, J. H. & Humphries, W. R., 1928. "The Combined Harvester-Thresher in the Great Plains," Technical Bulletins 156324, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Kislev, Yoav & Peterson, Willis, 1982. "Prices, Technology, and Farm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(3), pages 578-95, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:41:y:2004:i:2:p:103-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.