The allocation of property rights to land: US land policy and farm failure in the northern great plains
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taylor Dennen, R., 1976. "Cattlemen's associations and property rights in land in the American West," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 423-436, November.
- Ferrie, Joseph P., 1994. "The Wealth Accumulation of Antebellum European Immigrants to the U.S., 1840–60," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(01), pages 1-33, March.
- Saloutos, Theodore, 1962. "Land Policy and Its Relation to Agricultural Production and Distribution, 1862 to 1933," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(04), pages 445-460, December.
- Libecap, Gary D., 1981. "Bureaucratic Opposition to the Assignment of Property Rights: Overgrazing on the Western Range," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 151-158, March.
- P. H. Stephens, 1937. "Why the Dust Bowl?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 750-757.
- Kislev, Yoav & Peterson, Willis, 1982. "Prices, Technology, and Farm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(3), pages 578-95, June.
- Reynoldson, L. A. & Kifer, R. S. & Martin, J. H. & Humphries, W. R., 1928. "The Combined Harvester-Thresher in the Great Plains," Technical Bulletins 156324, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Libecap, Gary D. & Johnson, Ronald N., 1979. "Property Rights, Nineteenth-Century Federal Timber Policy, and the Conservation Movement," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 129-142, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:41:y:2004:i:2:p:103-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.