Fiscal Dominance and Money Growth in Italy: The Long Record
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fratianni, M. & Von Hagen, J. & Waller, C., 1992. "The Maastricht Way to EMU," Princeton Studies in International Economics 187, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Karl Brunner & Allan H. Meltzer, 1964. "Some Further Investigations Of Demand And Supply Functions For Money," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 240-283, May.
- Barro, Robert J., 1987.
"Government spending, interest rates, prices, and budget deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 221-247, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1986. "Government Spending, Interest Rates, Prices, and Budget Deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918," NBER Working Papers 2005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burdekin, Richard C. K., 1987.
"Cross-country evidence on the relationship between central banks and governments,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 391-405.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K., 1986. "Cross-country evidence on the relationship between central banks and governments," Working Papers 8603, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I., 1985. "Money, deficits, and inflation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 147-195, January.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele Fratianni, 2012.
"150 years of Italian political unity and economic dualism: An Introduction,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 335-346.
- Michele Fratianni, 2012. "150 years of Italian political unity and economic dualism: An Introduction," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 73, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Del Boca, Alessandra & Fratianni, Michele & Spinelli, Franco & Trecroci, Carmine, 2010.
"The Phillips curve and the Italian lira, 1861-1998,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 182-197, August.
- Alessandra Del Boca & Michele Fratianni & Franco Spinelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2008. "The Phillips Curve and the Italian Lira, 1861-1998," Working Papers 2008-05, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Alessandra Del Boca & Michele Fratianni & Franco Spinelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2008. "The Phillips Curve and the Italian Lira, 1861-1998," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 8, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Alessandra Del Boca & Michele Fratianni & Franco Spinelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2009. "The Phillips curve and the Italian lira, 1861-1998," Working Papers 0908, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Lars Jonung, 2002. "EMU and the euro - the first 10 years. Challenges to the sustainability and price stability of the euro area - what does history tell us?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 165, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Gadea, María Dolores & Kaabia, Monia Ben & Sabaté, Marcela, 2009. "Exchange rate regimes and prices: The cases of Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom (1874-1998)," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 477-489, July.
- David Greasley & Les Oxley, 2010.
"Cliometrics And Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory And Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 970-1042, December.
- David Grreasley, 2010. "Cliometrics and Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory and Applications," Working Papers in Economics 10/56, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- George Chouliarakis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2014. "Deja vu? The Greek crisis experience, the 2010s versus the 1930s. Lessons from history," Working Papers 176, Bank of Greece.
- Matthias Morys, 2015. "Any lessons for today? Exchange-rate stabilisation in Greece and South-East Europe between economic and political objectives and fiscal reality, 1841-1939," Working Papers 0084, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Sabate, Marcela & Gadea, Maria Dolores & Escario, Regina, 2006. "Does fiscal policy influence monetary policy? The case of Spain, 1874-1935," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 309-331, April.
- Matthias Morys, 2015. "Any lessons for today? Exchange-rate stabilisation in Greece and South-East Europe between economic and political objectives and fiscal reality, 1841-1939," Centre for Historical Economics and Related Research at York (CHERRY) Discussion Papers 15/01, CHERRY, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Vittorio Daniele & Pasquale Foresti & Oreste Napolitano, 2017.
"The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(2), pages 217-244, May.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthias Morys, 2016. "Financial supervision to fight fiscal dominance? The gold standard in Greece and South-East Europe between economic and political objectives and fiscal reality, 1841-1939," Discussion Papers 16/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Alessandra Del Boca & Michele Fratianni & Franco Spinelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2009. "Wage Bargaining Coordination and the Phillips Curve in Italy," Working Papers 0901, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Garima Vasishtha & Taimur Baig & Manmohan S. Kumar & Edda Zoli, 2006. "Fiscal and Monetary Nexus in Emerging Market Economies; How Does Debt Matter?," IMF Working Papers 06/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Tunçer, Coşkun, 2012. "Monetary sovereignty during the classical gold standard era: the Ottoman Empire and Europe, 1880-1913," Economic History Working Papers 44725, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Ali Coskun Tunçer, 2013. "The Black Swan of the Golden Periphery: The Ottoman Empire during the Classical Gold Standard Era," Working Papers 14, Department of Economic and Social History at the University of Cambridge.
- Sophia Lazaretou, 2009. "Money supply and Greek history monetary statistics: definition, construction, sources and data," Working Papers 105, Bank of Greece.
- Michele Fratianni, 2011. "Riflessioni sulla politica economica italiana in occasione del 150esimo anniversario dell'Unita'," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 53, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Kalina Dimitrova, 2010. "Monetary and Fiscal Policies in Bulgaria: Lessons from the Historical Record," ICER Working Papers 13-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jalil, Abdul & Tariq, Rabbia & Bibi, Nazia, 2014. "Fiscal deficit and inflation: New evidences from Pakistan using a bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 120-126.
- Michele Fratianni & Antonio Maria Rinaldi & Paolo Savona, 2013. "Una proposta per ridurre il fardello del debito pubblico italiano," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 81, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:38:y:2001:i:2:p:252-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.