The potential of concentrating solar power in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominguez Bravo, Javier & Garcia Casals, Xavier & Pinedo Pascua, Irene, 2007. "GIS approach to the definition of capacity and generation ceilings of renewable energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4879-4892, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:648-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramgolam, Yatindra K. & Soyjaudah, K.M.S., 2015. "Unveiling the solar resource potential for photovoltaic applications in Mauritius," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 94-100.
- Sharma, Chandan & Sharma, Ashish K. & Mullick, Subhash C. & Kandpal, Tara C., 2015. "Assessment of solar thermal power generation potential in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 902-912.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:1154-1165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Yuqiang & Liao, Shengming & Rao, Zhenghua & Liu, Gang, 2014. "A dynamic assessment based feasibility study of concentrating solar power in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 34-42.
- Clifton, Julian & Boruff, Bryan J., 2010. "Assessing the potential for concentrated solar power development in rural Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5272-5280, September.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:7:p:1042-:d:105359 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:336-349 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Zhen-Yu & Chen, Yu-Long & Thomson, John Douglas, 2017. "Levelized cost of energy modeling for concentrated solar power projects: A China study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 117-127.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Fay, Marianne & Vogt-Schilb, Adrien, 2013. "Green industrial policies : when and how," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6677, The World Bank.
- Malagueta, Diego & Szklo, Alexandre & Borba, Bruno Soares Moreira Cesar & Soria, Rafael & Aragão, Raymundo & Schaeffer, Roberto & Dutra, Ricardo, 2013. "Assessing incentive policies for integrating centralized solar power generation in the Brazilian electric power system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 198-212.
- Pfenninger, Stefan & Keirstead, James, 2015. "Comparing concentrating solar and nuclear power as baseload providers using the example of South Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 303-314.
- Labordena, Mercè & Patt, Anthony & Bazilian, Morgan & Howells, Mark & Lilliestam, Johan, 2017. "Impact of political and economic barriers for concentrating solar power in Sub-Saharan Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 52-72.
- Jadhav, Atul S. & Chembe, Dickson K. & Strauss, Johann M. & Van Niekerk, Johannes L., 2017. "Status of Solar Technology Implementation in the Southern African Developing Community (SADC) Region," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 622-631.
- Janjai, S. & Laksanaboonsong, J. & Seesaard, T., 2011. "Potential application of concentrating solar power systems for the generation of electricity in Thailand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4960-4967.
- Kadir, Mohd Zainal Abidin Ab & Rafeeu, Yaaseen, 2010. "A review on factors for maximizing solar fraction under wet climate environment in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2243-2248, October.
- Hernandez, R.R. & Easter, S.B. & Murphy-Mariscal, M.L. & Maestre, F.T. & Tavassoli, M. & Allen, E.B. & Barrows, C.W. & Belnap, J. & Ochoa-Hueso, R. & Ravi, S. & Allen, M.F., 2014. "Environmental impacts of utility-scale solar energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 766-779.
- Ummel, Kevin & Fant, Charles, 2014. "Identifying cost-effective deployment strategies through spatiotemporal modelling," WIDER Working Paper Series 121, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Purohit, Ishan & Purohit, Pallav & Shekhar, Shashaank, 2013. "Evaluating the potential of concentrating solar power generation in Northwestern India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 157-175.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1050-1077 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zawilska, E. & Brooks, M.J., 2011. "An assessment of the solar resource for Durban, South Africa," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3433-3438.
More about this item
KeywordsConcentrating solar power Geographic information systems Potential assessment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:12:p:5075-5080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.