Modelling and forecasting the demand for coal in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendry, David F. & Pagan, Adrian R. & Sargan, J.Denis, 1984. "Dynamic specification," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1023-1100 Elsevier.
- Bentzen, Jan & Engsted, Tom, 1993. "Short- and long-run elasticities in energy demand : A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 9-16, January.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- S. P. A. Brown & Keith R. Phillips, 1991. "U.S. Oil Demand And Conservation," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(1), pages 67-72, January.
- Dermot Gately & Peter Rappoport, 1988. "The Adjustment of U.S. Oil Demand to the Price Increases of the 1970s," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 93-107.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Brown, Scott B., 1983. "An aggregate petroleum consumption model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-30, January.
- Beenstock, M. & Willcocks, P., 1981. "Energy consumption and economic activity in industrialized countries : The dynamic aggregate time series relationship," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 225-232, October.
- Bopp, Anthony E., 1984. "Tests for structural change in US oil consumption, 1967-1982," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 223-230, October.
- Stephen P.A. Brown & Keith R. Phillips, 1989. "Oil demand and prices in the 1990s," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Jan, pages 1-8.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burke, Paul J. & Liao, Hua, 2015.
"Is the price elasticity of demand for coal in China increasing?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 309-322.
- Paul J. Burke & Hua Liao, 2015. "Is the Price Elasticity of Demand for Coal in China Increasing?," CCEP Working Papers 1506, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Paul J. Burke & Hua Liao, 2015. "Is the price elasticity of demand for coal in China increasing?," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 85, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Burke, Paul J. & Liao, Hua, 2015. "Is the price elasticity of demand for coal in China increasing?," Working Papers 249510, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2007. "Is energy consumption per capita broken stationary? New evidence from regional-based panels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3526-3540, June.
- John T. Cuddington and Leila Dagher, 2015. "Estimating Short and Long-Run Demand Elasticities: A Primer with Energy-Sector Applications," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Cattaneo, Cristina & Manera, Matteo & Scarpa, Elisa, 2011.
"Industrial coal demand in China: A provincial analysis,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 12-35, January.
- Matteo Manera & Cristina Cattaneo & Elisa Scarpa, 2008. "Industrial Coal Demand in China: A Provincial Analysis," Working Papers 2008.8, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cattaneo, Cristina & Manera, Matteo & Scarpa, Elisa, 2008. "Industrial Coal Demand in China: A Provincial Analysis," International Energy Markets Working Papers 44425, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Zhao, Xingjun & Wu, Yanrui, 2007.
"Determinants of China's energy imports: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4235-4246, August.
- Xingjun Zhao & Yanrui Wu, 2007. "Determinants of China’s Energy Imports: An Empirical Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-03, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Li, Bing-Bing & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Wang, Jin-Cheng, 2015. "A comparative study on prediction methods for China's medium- and long-term coal demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 1671-1683.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2010. "Modelling energy demand of developing countries: Are the specific features adequately captured?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1979-1990, April.
- Suleyman Bolat & Murat Belke & Necati Celik, 2013. "Mean Reverting Behavior of Energy Consumption: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 315-320.
- Türkekul, Berna & UnakItan, Gökhan, 2011. "A co-integration analysis of the price and income elasticities of energy demand in Turkish agriculture," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2416-2423, May.
- Kulshreshtha, Mudit & Parikh, Jyoti K., 2000. "Modeling demand for coal in India: vector autoregressive models with cointegrated variables," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-168.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2007. "Energy taxes as a signaling device: An empirical analysis of consumer preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Stanislav Radchenko, 2005. "The Long-Run Forecasting of Energy Prices Using the Model of Shifting Trend," Econometrics 0502002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun, Sizhong & Anwar, Sajid, 2015. "R&D status and the performance of domestic firms in China's coal mining industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 99-103.
- Baomin Dong & Xuefeng Li & Boqiang Lin, 2010. "Forecasting Long-Run Coal Price in China: A Shifting Trend Time-Series Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(s1), pages 499-519, August.
- Johannes Truby and Moritz Paulus, 2012.
"Market Structure Scenarios in International Steam Coal Trade,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Trueby, Johannes & Paulus, Moritz, 2011. "Market Structure Scenarios in International Steam Coal Trade," EWI Working Papers 2011-2, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- repec:eee:rensus:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:297-325 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iqbal, Javed, 2001. "Forecasting methods: a comparative analysis," MPRA Paper 23856, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Michieka, Nyakundi M. & Fletcher, Jerald J., 2012. "An investigation of the role of China's urban population on coal consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 668-676.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:19:y:1997:i:3:p:271-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.