Three analyses of the firm size premium
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1983. "Transaction costs and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-79, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Schultz, Paul, 1983. "Transaction costs and the small firm effect : A comment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 81-88, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-636, May-June.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Reinganum, Marc R., 1981. "Misspecification of capital asset pricing : Empirical anomalies based on earnings' yields and market values," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 19-46, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1988. "Dividend yields and expected stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-25, October.
- Brown, Philip & Kleidon, Allan W. & Marsh, Terry A., 1983. "New evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies in stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-56, June.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandros Kontonikas & Alexandros Kostakis, 2013.
"On Monetary Policy and Stock Market Anomalies,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(7-8), pages 1009-1042, September.
- Alexandros Kontonikas & Alexandros Kostakis, 2010. "On monetary policy and stock market anomalies," Working Papers 2010_29, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Kontonikas, Alexandros & Kostakis, Alexandros, 2010. "On monetary policy and stock market anomalies," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-103, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- repec:eee:empfin:v:43:y:2017:i:c:p:43-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asheesh Pandey & Sanjay Sehgal, 2016. "Explaining Size Effect for Indian Stock Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 23(1), pages 45-68, March.
- van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2011. "Is size dead? A review of the size effect in equity returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3263-3274.
- Switzer, Lorne N., 2010. "The behaviour of small cap vs. large cap stocks in recessions and recoveries: Empirical evidence for the United States and Canada," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 332-346, December.
- repec:gei:jnlfer:v:1:y:2016:i:2:p:71-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011.
"The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 526-539, January.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011. "The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 526-539.
- Chan, Howard W. & Faff, Robert W., 2003. "An investigation into the role of liquidity in asset pricing: Australian evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 555-572, November.
- Anton Astakhov & Tomas Havranek & Jiri Novak, 2017. "Firm Size and Stock Returns: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers IES 2017/14, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2017.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2013. "The smallest firm effect: An international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 129-155.
- Semenov, Andrei, 2015. "The small-cap effect in the predictability of individual stock returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 178-197.
- Robert Faff, 2004. "A simple test of the Fama and French model using daily data: Australian evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 83-92.
- Chung, Yi-Tsai & Hsu, Chuan-Hao & Ke, Mei-Chu & Liao, Tung Liang & Chiang, Yi-Chein, 2016. "The weakening value premium in the Australian and New Zealand stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 123-133.
- Kathryn A. Holmes & Robert W. Faff, 2004. "Stability, Asymmetry and Seasonality of Fund Performance: An Analysis of Australian Multi-sector Managed Funds," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3-4), pages 539-578.
- Chan, Kam Fong & Bowman, Robert G. & Neely, Christopher J., 2017.
"Systematic cojumps, market component portfolios and scheduled macroeconomic announcements,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 43-58.
- Chan, Kam Fong & Bowman, Robert G. & Neely, Christopher J., 2017. "Systematic Cojumps, Market Component Portfolios and Scheduled Macroeconomic Announcements," Working Papers 2017-11, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:kap:fmktpm:v:31:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11408-017-0292-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcelo, Jose Luis Miralles & Quiros, Maria del Mar Miralles, 2006. "The role of an illiquidity risk factor in asset pricing: Empirical evidence from the Spanish stock market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 254-267, May.
- Pin-Huang Chou & Robin Chou & Kuan-Cheng Ko, 2009. "Prospect theory and the risk-return paradox: some recent evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 193-208, October.
- Victoria Atanasov & Thomas Nitschka, 2013. "The Size Effect in Value and Momentum Factors: Implications for the Cross-section of International Stock Returns," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-180/IV/DSF66, Tinbergen Institute.
- Adam ZAREMBA, 2015. "Low Risk Anomaly In The Cee Stock Markets," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 81-102, September.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:292-302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timotheos Angelidis & Nikolaos Tessaromatis, 2014. "Global portfolio management under state dependent multiple risk premia," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 0400966, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:7:y:2000:i:2:p:143-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.