Newsvendor with multiple options of expediting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Robert Swinney, 2009. "Purchasing, Pricing, and Quick Response in the Presence of Strategic Consumers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(3), pages 497-511, March.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Vernon Ning Hsu & Chung Yee Lee & Kut C. So, 2006. "Optimal Component Stocking Policy for Assemble-to-Order Systems with Lead-Time-Dependent Component and Product Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 337-351, March.
- Tunay I. Tunca & Qiong Wu, 2009. "Multiple Sourcing and Procurement Process Selection with Bidding Events," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 763-780, May.
- Philip C. Jones & Timothy J. Lowe & Rodney D. Traub & Greg Kegler, 2001. "Matching Supply and Demand: The Value of a Second Chance in Producing Hybrid Seed Corn," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 122-137, April.
- Chandra, Charu & Grabis, Janis, 2008. "Inventory management with variable lead-time dependent procurement cost," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 877-887, October.
- Chiang, Chi, 2010. "An order expediting policy for continuous review systems with manufacturing lead-time," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 526-531, June.
- Ranga V. Ramasesh & J. Keith Ord & Jack C. Hayya & Andrew Pan, 1991. "Sole Versus Dual Sourcing in Stochastic Lead-Time (s, Q) Inventory Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 428-443, April.
- Ghodsypour, S. H. & O'Brien, C., 2001. "The total cost of logistics in supplier selection, under conditions of multiple sourcing, multiple criteria and capacity constraint," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 15-27, August.
- Ke Fu & Vernon N. Hsu & Chung-Yee Lee, 2009. "Note--Optimal Component Acquisition for a Single-Product, Single-Demand Assemble-to-Order Problem with Expediting," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 229-236, December.
- Xiang Fang & Kut C. So & Yunzeng Wang, 2008. "Component Procurement Strategies in Decentralized Assemble-to-Order Systems with Time-Dependent Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(12), pages 1997-2011, December.
- Hong, Jae-Dong & Hayya, Jack C., 1992. "Just-In-Time purchasing: Single or multiple sourcing?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 175-181, May.
- DeYong, Gregory D. & Cattani, Kyle D., 2012. "Well adjusted: Using expediting and cancelation to manage store replenishment inventory for a seasonal good," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(1), pages 93-105.
- Duran, Alfonso & Gutierrez, Gil & Zequeira, Romulo I., 2004. "A continuous review inventory model with order expediting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 157-169, January.
- Qin, Yan & Wang, Ruoxuan & Vakharia, Asoo J. & Chen, Yuwen & Seref, Michelle M.H., 2011. "The newsvendor problem: Review and directions for future research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 361-374, September.
- Zhu, Stuart X., 2012. "Joint pricing and inventory replenishment decisions with returns and expediting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(1), pages 105-112.
- Jian Li & Suresh Chand & Maqbool Dada & Shailendra Mehta, 2009. "Managing Inventory Over a Short Season: Models with Two Procurement Opportunities," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 174-184, April.
- Brian Tomlin & Yimin Wang, 2005. "On the Value of Mix Flexibility and Dual Sourcing in Unreliable Newsvendor Networks," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 37-57, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cattani, Kyle D., 2016. "Fenced in? Stochastic and deterministic planning models in a time-fenced, rolling-horizon scheduling systemAuthor-Name: DeYong, Gregory D," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 85-95.
More about this item
KeywordsInventory; Newsvendor; Procurement lead times; Expediting; Lead-time-dependent pricing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:226:y:2013:i:1:p:94-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.