A goal-driven approach to the 2D bin packing and variable-sized bin packing problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ortmann, Frank G. & Ntene, Nthabiseng & van Vuuren, Jan H., 2010. "New and improved level heuristics for the rectangular strip packing and variable-sized bin packing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 306-315, June.
- Lodi, Andrea & Martello, Silvano & Monaci, Michele, 2002. "Two-dimensional packing problems: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 241-252, September.
- Wascher, Gerhard & Hau[ss]ner, Heike & Schumann, Holger, 2007. "An improved typology of cutting and packing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1109-1130, December.
- Wei, Lijun & Oon, Wee-Chong & Zhu, Wenbin & Lim, Andrew, 2011. "A skyline heuristic for the 2D rectangular packing and strip packing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(2), pages 337-346, December.
- F. Parreño & R. Alvarez-Valdes & J. Oliveira & J. Tamarit, 2010. "A hybrid GRASP/VND algorithm for two- and three-dimensional bin packing," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 203-220, September.
- Wang, Pearl Y. & Valenzela, Christine L., 2001. "Data set generation for rectangular placement problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 378-391, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hu, Qian & Lim, Andrew & Zhu, Wenbin, 2015. "The two-dimensional vector packing problem with piecewise linear cost function," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 43-53.
- Cui, Yi-Ping & Cui, Yaodong & Tang, Tianbing, 2015. "Sequential heuristic for the two-dimensional bin-packing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 43-53.
- Wei, Lijun & Zhu, Wenbin & Lim, Andrew, 2015. "A goal-driven prototype column generation strategy for the multiple container loading cost minimization problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 39-49.
- Hong, Shaohui & Zhang, Defu & Lau, Hoong Chuin & Zeng, XiangXiang & Si, Yain-Whar, 2014. "A hybrid heuristic algorithm for the 2D variable-sized bin packing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 95-103.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:3:p:843-859 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPacking; 2D bin packing; Goal-driven search; Best-fit heuristic;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:1:p:110-121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.