An efficient inspection scheme for variables based on Taguchi capability index
Acceptance sampling has been one of practical tools for quality assurance applications, which provide a general rule to the producer and the consumer for product acceptance determination. It has been shown that variables sampling plans requires less sampling compared with attributes sampling plans. Thus, variables sampling plans become more attractive and desirable especially when the required quality level is very high or the allowable fraction non-conforming is very small. This paper attempts to develop an efficient and economic sampling scheme, variables repetitive group sampling plan, by incorporating the concept of Taguchi loss function. The OC curve of the proposed plan is derived based on the exact sampling distribution and the plan parameters are determined by minimizing the average sample number with two constraints specified by the producer and the consumer. The efficiency of the proposed variables RGS is examined and also compared with the existing variables single sampling plan in terms of the sample size required for inspection. In addition, tables of the plan parameters for various combinations of entry parameters are provided and an example is presented for illustration.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Balamurali & Chi-hyuck Jun, 2006. "Repetitive group sampling procedure for variables inspection," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 327-338.
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Pearn, W.L. & Kotz, Samuel, 2009. "An overview of theory and practice on process capability indices for quality assurance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 338-359, February.
- Balamurali, S. & Jun, Chi-Hyuck, 2007. "Multiple dependent state sampling plans for lot acceptance based on measurement data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(3), pages 1221-1230, August.
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Aslam, Muhammad & Jun, Chi-Hyuck, 2012. "Variables sampling inspection scheme for resubmitted lots based on the process capability index Cpk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(3), pages 560-566.
- S. Balamurali & Chi-Hyuck Jun, 2009. "Designing of a variables two-plan system by minimizing the average sample number," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1159-1172.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:223:y:2012:i:1:p:116-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.