Variables sampling inspection scheme for resubmitted lots based on the process capability index Cpk
This paper attempts to develop a sampling inspection scheme by variables based on process performance index for product acceptance determination, which examines the situation where resampling is permitted on lots not accepted on original inspection. The equations for plan parameters, the required sample size and the corresponding critical value, are derived based on the exact sampling distribution rather than an approximation approach hence the decisions made are more accurate and reliable. Moreover, the efficiency of the proposed variables resubmitted sampling plan is evaluated and compared with the existing variables single sampling plan. For illustrative purpose, an example is presented to demonstrate the use of the derived results for making a decision on product acceptance determination.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Pearn, W.L., 2008. "A variables sampling plan based on Cpmk for product acceptance determination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(2), pages 549-560, January.
- Pearn, W.L. & Wu, Chien-Wei, 2006. "Critical acceptance values and sample sizes of a variables sampling plan for very low fraction of defectives," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 90-101, January.
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Pearn, W.L. & Kotz, Samuel, 2009. "An overview of theory and practice on process capability indices for quality assurance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 338-359, February.
- Pearn, W.L. & Wu, Chien-Wei, 2007. "An effective decision making method for product acceptance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-21, February.
- Chen, Jianwei & Li, Kim-Hung & Lam, Yeh, 2007. "Bayesian single and double variable sampling plans for the Weibull distribution with censoring," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 1062-1073, March.
- Fernández, Arturo J. & Pérez-González, Carlos J. & Aslam, Muhammad & Jun, Chi-Hyuck, 2011. "Design of progressively censored group sampling plans for Weibull distributions: An optimization problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 525-532, June.
- Lam, Yeh & Li, Kim-Hung & Ip, Wai-Cheung & Wong, Heung, 2006. "Sequential variable sampling plan for normal distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 127-145, July.
- Muhammad Aslam & Chi-Hyuck Jun, 2009. "A group acceptance sampling plan for truncated life test having Weibull distribution," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1021-1027.
- Seo, J.H. & Jung, M. & Kim, C.M., 2009. "Design of accelerated life test sampling plans with a nonconstant shape parameter," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 659-666, September.
- Balamurali, S. & Jun, Chi-Hyuck, 2007. "Multiple dependent state sampling plans for lot acceptance based on measurement data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(3), pages 1221-1230, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:217:y:2012:i:3:p:560-566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.