Closest assignment constraints in discrete location problems
The objective of this paper is to identify the most promising sets of closest assignment constraints in the literature of Discrete Location Theory, helping the authors in the field to model their problems when clients must be assigned to the closest plant inside an Integer Programming formulation. In particular, constraints leading to weak Linear Programming relaxations should be avoided if no other good property supports their use. We also propose a new set of constraints with good theoretical properties.
Volume (Year): 219 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Hanjoul & Pierre Hansen & Dominique Peeters & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 1990.
"Uncapacitated Plant Location Under Alternative Spatial Price Policies,"
INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 41-57, January.
- HANJOUL, Pierre & HANSEN, Pierre & PEETERS, Dominique & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "Uncapacitated plant location under alternative spatial price policies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 875, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hanjoul, P. & Hansen, P. & Peeters, D. & Thisse, J.-F., 1988. "Uncapacitated plant location under alternative spatial price policies," CORE Discussion Papers 1988019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jörg Kalcsics & Stefan Nickel & Justo Puerto & Antonio Rodríguez-Chía, 2010. "The ordered capacitated facility location problem," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 18(1), pages 203-222, July.
- Teixeira, Joao C. & Antunes, Antonio P., 2008. "A hierarchical location model for public facility planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(1), pages 92-104, February.
- Plastria, Frank, 2002. "Formulating logical implications in combinatorial optimisation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 338-353, July.
- Hanjoul, Pierre & Peeters, Dominique, 1987. "A facility location problem with clients' preference orderings," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 451-473, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:219:y:2012:i:1:p:49-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.