Degree of scale economies and congestion: A unified DEA approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, William W. & Wang, Yuying & Shin, Hong-Chul, 1998. "Inefficiency and congestion in Chinese production before and after the 1978 economic reforms," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Starrett, David A, 1977. "Measuring Returns to Scale in the Aggregate, and the Scale Effect of Public Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(6), pages 1439-55, September.
- Lennart Hjalmarsson & Finn R. Førsund, 2002.
"Are all scales optimal in Dea? Theory and empirical evidence,"
ICER Working Papers
14-2002, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Finn Førsund & Lennart Hjalmarsson, 2004. "Are all Scales Optimal in DEA? Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 2002. "Are all Scales Optimal in DEA? Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Papers in Economics 66, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Cooper, W. W. & Gu, Bisheng & Li, Shanling, 2001. "Comparisons and evaluations of alternative approaches to the treatment of congestion in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 62-74, July.
- Toshiyuki Sueyoshi, 1999. "DEA Duality on Returns to Scale (RTS) in Production and Cost Analyses: An Occurrence of Multiple Solutions and Differences Between Production-Based and Cost-Based RTS Estimates," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(11), pages 1593-1608, November.
- Cooper, W. W. & Deng, Honghui & Gu, Bisheng & Li, Shanling & Thrall, R. M., 2001. "Using DEA to improve the management of congestion in Chinese industries (1981-1997)," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 227-242, December.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1970. "Homotheticity in joint production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 423-426, December.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Cooper, William W., 1996. "Equivalence and implementation of alternative methods for determining returns to scale in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 473-481, March.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Tone, Kaoru & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2003. "Scale, indivisibilities and production function in data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 165-192, May.
- Hirofumi Fukuyama, 2001. "Returns to Scale and Scale Elasticity in Farrell, Russell and Additive Models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 225-239, November.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- Banker, R. D. & Bardhan, I. & Cooper, W. W., 1996. "A note on returns to scale in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 583-585, February.
- John C. Panzar & Robert D. Willig, 1977. "Economies of Scale in Multi-Output Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(3), pages 481-493.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:158:y:2004:i:3:p:755-772. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.