Managing natural wealth: Research and implementation of ecosystem services in the United States and Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerrell Richer, 1995. "Willingness To Pay For Desert Protection," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(4), pages 93-104, October.
- Sutton, Paul C. & Costanza, Robert, 2002. "Global estimates of market and non-market values derived from nighttime satellite imagery, land cover, and ecosystem service valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 509-527, June.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen C. & Maxwell, Judith, 1989. "Valuation and management of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 335-361, December.
- Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K., 2007. "Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 245-252, December.
- Michael R. J. Hill & D. Glen McMaster & Tom Harrison & Aron Hershmiller & Trevor Plews, 2011. "A Reverse Auction for Wetland Restoration in the Assiniboine River Watershed, Saskatchewan," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 59, pages 245-258, June.
- Kaiser, Brooks & Roumasset, James, 2002. "Valuing indirect ecosystem services: the case of tropical watersheds," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 701-714, October.
- Dale, Virginia H. & Polasky, Stephen, 2007. "Measures of the effects of agricultural practices on ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 286-296, December.
- Jia Yu & Ken Belcher, 2011. "An Economic Analysis of Landowners’ Willingness to Adopt Wetland and Riparian Conservation Management," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 59, pages 207-222, June.
- Jenkins, W. Aaron & Murray, Brian C. & Kramer, Randall A. & Faulkner, Stephen P., 2010. "Valuing ecosystem services from wetlands restoration in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1051-1061, March.
- Cynthia Morgan & Ann Wolverton, 2005. "Water Quality Trading in the United States," NCEE Working Paper Series 200507, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jun 2005.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Xiang & Xiong, Shu & Zhu, Xiaojing & Zhu, Xiaodong & Li, Yangfan & Li, B. Larry, 2015. "A new indices system for evaluating ecological-economic-social performances of wetland restorations and its application to Taihu Lake Basin, China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 295(C), pages 216-226.
- Dâ€™Amato, D. & Li, N. & Rekola, M. & Toppinen, A. & Lu, F-F., 2015. "Linking forest ecosystem services to corporate sustainability disclosure: A conceptual analysis," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 170-178.
- Lurie, Susan & Bennett, Drew E. & Duncan, Sally & Gosnell, Hannah & Hunter, Maria Lewis & Morzillo, Anita T. & Moseley, Cassandra & Nielsen-Pincus, Max & Parker, Robert & White, Eric M., 2013. "PES marketplace development at the local scale: The Eugene Water and Electric Board as a local watershed services marketplace driver," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 93-103.
- StÄ™pniewska, MaÅ‚gorzata & Lupa, Piotr & Mizgajski, Andrzej, 2018. "Drivers of the ecosystem services approach in Poland and perception by practitioners," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 33(PA), pages 59-67.
- Martin, Lawrence, 2014. "The use of ecosystem services information by the U.S. national estuary programs," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 139-154.
- Erez Braude & Shmuel Hauser & Zilla Sinuany-Stern & Gideon Oron, 2015. "Water Allocation Between the Agricultural and the Municipal Sectors Under Scarcity: A Financial Approach Analysis," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(10), pages 3481-3501, August.
- Costanza, Robert & de Groot, Rudolf & Braat, Leon & Kubiszewski, Ida & Fioramonti, Lorenzo & Sutton, Paul & Farber, Steve & Grasso, Monica, 2017. "Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(PA), pages 1-16.
- Hansen, Rieke & Frantzeskaki, Niki & McPhearson, Timon & Rall, Emily & Kabisch, Nadja & Kaczorowska, Anna & Kain, Jaan-Henrik & Artmann, Martina & Pauleit, Stephan, 2015. "The uptake of the ecosystem services concept in planning discourses of European and American cities," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 228-246.
- Maczka, Krzysztof & Chmielewski, Piotr & Jeran, Agnieszka & Matczak, Piotr & van Riper, Carena J., 2019. "The ecosystem services concept as a tool for public participation in management of Polandâ€™s Natura 2000 network," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 173-183.
- Cox, Llael M. & Almeter, Andrew L. & Saterson, Kathryn A., 2013. "Protecting our life support systems: An inventory of U.S. federal research on ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 163-169.
- Zareena Begum Irfan,, Jayakumar S and Satarupa & Venkatachalam. L & Jayakumar S & Satarupa Rakshit, 2017. "Evaluation Index System (Eis) For The Ecological- Economic- Social Performances Of Ousteri Wetland Across Puducherry And Tamil Nadu," Working Papers 2017-155, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Jiang, Wei, 2017. "Ecosystem services research in China: A critical review," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 10-16.
- Rall, Emily Lorance & Kabisch, Nadja & Hansen, Rieke, 2015. "A comparative exploration of uptake and potential application of ecosystem services in urban planning," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 230-242.
- van den Belt, Marjan & Blake, Daniella, 2014. "Ecosystem services in new Zealand agro-ecosystems: A literature review," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 115-132.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Costanza, Robert & Anderson, Sharolyn & Sutton, Paul, 2017. "The future value of ecosystem services: Global scenarios and national implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 289-301.
- Perevochtchikova, Maria & Rojo Negrete, Iskra Alejandra, 2015. "The perceptions about payment schemes for ecosystem services: Study case of the San Miguel and Santo TomÃ¡s Ajusco community, Mexico," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 27-36.
More about this item
KeywordsEcosystem services; United States; Canada; Implementation; Industry; Decision-making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:2:y:2012:i:c:p:45-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.