Ecosystem services research in China: A critical review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luo, Dong & Zhang, Wenting, 2014. "A comparison of Markov model-based methods for predicting the ecosystem service value of land use in Wuhan, central China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 57-65.
- Pan, Yuan & Marshall, Stuart & Maltby, Lorraine, 2016. "Prioritising ecosystem services in Chinese rural and urban communities," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(PA), pages 1-5.
- Guo, Zhongwei & Xiao, Xiangming & Gan, Yaling & Zheng, Yuejun, 2001. "Ecosystem functions, services and their values - a case study in Xingshan County of China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 141-154, July.
- Liu, Shuang & Costanza, Robert, 2010. "Ecosystem services valuation in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1387-1388, May.
- van den Belt, Marjan & Blake, Daniella, 2014. "Ecosystem services in new Zealand agro-ecosystems: A literature review," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 115-132.
- Mastrangelo, MatÃas Enrique & Weyland, Federico & Herrera, Lorena Paola & Villarino, SebastiÃ¡n Horacio & Barral, MarÃa Paula & Auer, Alejandra Denise, 2015. "Ecosystem services research in contrasting socio-ecological contexts of Argentina: Critical assessment and future directions," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 63-73.
- Molnar, Jennifer L. & Kubiszewski, Ida, 2012. "Managing natural wealth: Research and implementation of ecosystem services in the United States and Canada," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 45-55.
- Zhang, Biao & Li, Wenhua & Xie, Gaodi, 2010. "Ecosystem services research in China: Progress and perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1389-1395, May.
- Scholte, Samantha S.K. & van Teeffelen, Astrid J.A. & Verburg, Peter H., 2015. "Integrating socio-cultural perspectives into ecosystem service valuation: A review of concepts and methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 67-78.
- Dong, Xiaobin & Yang, Weikun & Ulgiati, Sergio & Yan, Maochao & Zhang, Xinshi, 2012. "The impact of human activities on natural capital and ecosystem services of natural pastures in North Xinjiang, China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 28-39.
- Zhang, Xiaoyun & Lu, Xianguo, 2010. "Multiple criteria evaluation of ecosystem services for the Ruoergai Plateau Marshes in southwest China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1463-1470, May.
- Pittock, J. & Cork, S. & Maynard, S., 2012. "The state of the application of ecosystems services in Australia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 111-120.
- Cheng Chen & Hannes J. König & Bettina Matzdorf & Lin Zhen, 2015. "The Institutional Challenges of Payment for Ecosystem Service Program in China: A Review of the Effectiveness and Implementation of Sloping Land Conversion Program," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-28, May.
- Lu Wen & Shikui Dong & Yuanyuan Li & Xiaoyan Li & Jianjun Shi & Yanlong Wang & Demei Liu & Yushou Ma, 2013. "Effect of Degradation Intensity on Grassland Ecosystem Services in the Alpine Region of Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, China," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(3), pages 1-8, March.
- Balvanera, Patricia & Uriarte, MarÃa & Almeida-LeÃ±ero, LucÃa & Altesor, Alice & DeClerck, Fabrice & Gardner, Toby & Hall, Jefferson & Lara, Antonio & Laterra, Pedro & PeÃ±a-Claros, Marielos & Silva, 2012. "Ecosystem services research in Latin America: The state of the art," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 56-70.
- Yin, Runsheng & Zhao, Minjuan, 2012. "Ecological restoration programs and payments for ecosystem services as integrated biophysical and socioeconomic processes—China's experience as an example," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 56-65.
- D'Amato, D. & Rekola, M. & Li, N. & Toppinen, A., 2016. "Monetary valuation of forest ecosystem services in China: A literature review and identification of future research needs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 75-84.
- Perez-Verdin, Gustavo & Sanjurjo-Rivera, Enrique & Galicia, Leopoldo & Hernandez-Diaz, Jose Ciro & Hernandez-Trejo, Victor & Marquez-Linares, Marco Antonio, 2016. "Economic valuation of ecosystem services in Mexico: Current status and trends," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(PA), pages 6-19.
- Egoh, Benis N. & O'Farrell, Patrick J. & Charef, Aymen & Josephine Gurney, Leigh & Koellner, Thomas & Nibam Abi, Henry & Egoh, Mody & Willemen, Louise, 2012. "An African account of ecosystem service provision: Use, threats and policy options for sustainable livelihoods," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 71-81.
- Schuhmann, Peter W. & Mahon, Robin, 2015. "The valuation of marine ecosystem goods and services in the Caribbean: A literature review and framework for future valuation efforts," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 56-66.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ochoa, Vivian & Urbina-Cardona, NicolÃ¡s, 2017. "Tools for spatially modeling ecosystem services: Publication trends, conceptual reflections and future challenges," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 155-169.
- CzÃºcz, BÃ¡lint & Arany, IldikÃ³ & Potschin-Young, Marion & Bereczki, Krisztina & KertÃ©sz, MiklÃ³s & Kiss, MÃ¡rton & AszalÃ³s, RÃ©ka & Haines-Young, Roy, 2018. "Where concepts meet the real world: A systematic review of ecosystem service indicators and their classification using CICES," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(PA), pages 145-157.
- Chaudhary, Sunita & McGregor, Andrew, 2018. "A critical analysis of global ecosystem services (Paristhitiki sewa) discourse in Nepal," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 364-374.
- Bryan, Brett A. & Ye, Yanqiong & Zhang, Jia'en & Connor, Jeffery D., 2018. "Land-use change impacts on ecosystem services value: Incorporating the scarcity effects of supply and demand dynamics," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 32(PA), pages 144-157.
- Agudelo, César Augusto Ruiz & Bustos, Sandra Liliana Hurtado & Moreno, Carmen Alicia Parrado, 2020. "Modeling interactions among multiple ecosystem services. A critical review," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 429(C).
- Jiang, Wei & LÃ¼, Yihe & Liu, Yuanxin & Gao, Wenwen, 2020. "Ecosystem service value of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau significantly increased during 25Â years," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEcosystem services; China; Literature review; Monetary valuation; Policy evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:26:y:2017:i:pa:p:10-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.