Nonparametric spatial regression under near-epoch dependence
This paper establishes asymptotic normality and uniform consistency with convergence rates of the local linear estimator for spatial near-epoch dependent (NED) processes. The class of the NED spatial processes covers important spatial processes, including nonlinear autoregressive and infinite moving average random fields, which generally do not satisfy mixing conditions. Apart from accommodating a larger class of dependent processes, the proposed asymptotic theory allows for triangular arrays of heterogeneous random fields located on unevenly spaced lattices and sampled over regions of arbitrary configuration. All these features make the results applicable in a wide range of empirical settings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hallin, Marc & Lu, Zudi & Tran, Lanh T., 2004.
"Kernel density estimation for spatial processes: the L1 theory,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Marc Hallin & Zudi Lu & Lanh T. Tran, 2004. "Kernel density estimation for spatial processes: the L1 theory," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2127, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jenish, Nazgul & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2009. "Central limit theorems and uniform laws of large numbers for arrays of random fields," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 86-98, May.
- P. M. Robinson, 2009. "Large-sample inference on spatial dependence," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(s1), pages 68-82, 01.
- Robinson, P.M., 2011. "Asymptotic theory for nonparametric regression with spatial data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 5-19.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010. "Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances," CESifo Working Paper Series 2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marc Hallin & Zudi Lu & Lanh T. Tran, 2004. "Local linear spatial regression," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2131, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1995. "Nonparametric Kernel Estimation for Semiparametric Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 560-586, June.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- Lu, Zudi & Chen, Xing, 2004. "Spatial kernel regression estimation: weak consistency," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 125-136, June.
- Robinson, P.M., 2010. "Efficient estimation of the semiparametric spatial autoregressive model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 6-17, July.
- Peter Robinson, 2011. "Asymptotic theory for nonparametric regression with spatial data," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chen, Xiaoheng & Conley, Timothy G., 2001. "A new semiparametric spatial model for panel time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 59-83, November.
- Peter Robinson, 2008. "Developments in the analysis of spatial data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25473, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marc Hallin & Zudi Lu & Lanh T. Tran, 2001. "Density estimation for spatial linear processes," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2109, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 2007. "GMM and 2SLS estimation of mixed regressive, spatial autoregressive models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 489-514, April.
- Lu, Zudi & Linton, Oliver, 2007. "Local Linear Fitting Under Near Epoch Dependence," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 37-70, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)