Kernel density estimation for spatial processes: the L1 theory
The purpose of this paper is to investigate kernel density estimators for spatial processes with linear or nonlinear structures. Sufficient conditions for such estimators to converge in L1 are obtained under extremely general, verifiable conditions. The results hold for mixing as well as for nonmixing processes. Potential applications include testing for spatial interaction, the spatial analysis of causality structures, the definition of leading/lagging sites, the construction of clusters of comoving sites, etc.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Publication status:||Published in: Journal of Multivariate Analysis (2004) v.88,p.61-75|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CP135, 50, avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 1050 Bruxelles|
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kulkarni, P. M., 1992. "Estimation of parameters of a two-dimensional spatial autoregressive model with regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 157-162, September.
- Marc Hallin & Zudi Lu & Lanh T. Tran, 2001. "Density estimation for spatial linear processes," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2109, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Masry, Elias & Györfi, László, 1987. "Strong consistency and rates for recursive probability density estimators of stationary processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 79-93, June.
- Marc Hallin & Michel Carbon & Lanh T. Tran, 1996. "Kernel density estimation on random fields: the L1 theory," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2065, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tran, Lanh Tat, 1992. "Kernel density estimation for linear processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 281-296, June.
- Tran, Lanh Tat, 1990. "Kernel density estimation on random fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 37-53, July.
- Ioannides, D. & Roussas, G. G., 1987. "Note on the uniform convergence of density estimates for mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 279-285, June.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 1988. "Consistency of a nonparametric estimate of a density function for dependent variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 90-99, April.
- Tran, L. T. & Yakowitz, S., 1993. "Nearest Neighbor Estimators for Random Fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 23-46, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulb:ulbeco:2013/2127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.