The Hausman test and weak instruments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. W. K. Andrews, 2003. "End-of-Sample Instability Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1661-1694, November.
- Donald, Stephen G & Newey, Whitney K, 2001. "Choosing the Number of Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(5), pages 1161-1191, September.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 1995. "Human resources: Empirical modeling of household and family decisions," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 1883-2023 Elsevier.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Marcelo J. Moreira, 2003. "A Conditional Likelihood Ratio Test for Structural Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1027-1048, July.
- Bekker, Paul A, 1994. "Alternative Approximations to the Distributions of Instrumental Variable Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 657-681, May.
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1986. "Intertemporal Substitution in Labor Supply: Evidence from Micro Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 176-215, June.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman, 2002.
"A New Specification Test for the Validity of Instrumental Variables,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 163-189, January.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman, 1999. "A New Specification Test for the Validity of Instrumental Variables," Working papers 99-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Donald W. K. Andrews & Marcelo J. Moreira & James H. Stock, 2006. "Optimal Two-Sided Invariant Similar Tests for Instrumental Variables Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(3), pages 715-752, May.
- Frank Kleibergen, 2000. "Pivotal Statistics for Testing Structural Parameters in Instrumental Variables Regression," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-055/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- John C. Ham & Kevin T. Reilly, 2002. "Testing Intertemporal Substitution, Implicit Contracts, and Hours Restriction Models of the Labor Market Using Micro Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 905-927, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura Di Giorgio & Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2014. "The relationship between costs and quality in nonprofit nursing homes," IdEP Economic Papers 1402, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2012.
"On the Validity of Durbin-Wu-Hausman Tests for Assessing Partial Exogeneity Hypotheses with Possibly Weak Instruments,"
40184, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2012. "On the validity of Durbin-Wu-Hausman tests for assessing partial exogeneity hypotheses with possibly weak instruments," Working Papers 15061, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 06 Jul 2012.
- Ruprecht, Benedikt & Entrop, Oliver & Kick, Thomas & Wilkens, Marco, 2013.
"Market timing, maturity mismatch, and risk management: Evidence from the banking industry,"
56/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ruprecht, Benedikt & Entrop, Oliver & Kick, Thomas & Wilkens, Marco, 2013. "Market Timing, Maturity Mismatch, and Risk Management: Evidence from the Banking Industry," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79733, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christian Danne, 2015. "Regional Integration and the Rule of Law," FIW Working Paper series 157, FIW.
- James Hansen, 2011. "Does Equity Mispricing Influence Household and Firm Decisions?," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2011-06, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Or Levkovich & Jan Rouwendal & Jos van Ommeren, 2017. "The impact of highways on population redistribution: The role of land development restrictions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-109/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Seri, Paolo & Zanfei, Antonello, 2013.
"The co-evolution of ICT, skills and organization in public administrations: Evidence from new European country-level data,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 160-176.
- Paolo Seri & Antonello Zanfei, 2012. "The Co-evolution of ICT, Skills and Organization in Public Administrations: Evidence from new European country-level data," Working Papers 1217, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2012.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Pleus, Milan, 2017.
"The performance of tests on endogeneity of subsets of explanatory variables scanned by simulation,"
Econometrics and Statistics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 1-21.
- Jan F. KIVIET & Milan PLEUS, 2012. "The performance of tests on endogeneity of subsets of explanatory variables scanned by simulation," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1208, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- L. Di Giorgio & M. Filippini & G. Masiero, 2016. "Is higher nursing home quality more costly?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(8), pages 1011-1026, November.
- Kinclová Lenka, 2015. "Legitimacy of the “Humanitarian Military Intervention”: An Empirical Assessment," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 21(1), pages 111-152, January.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2011.
"Testing for partial exogeneity with weak identification,"
39504, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2012.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2012. "Testing for partial exogeneity with weak identification," Working Papers 14565, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 31 May 2012.
- repec:taf:emetrv:v:36:y:2017:i:6-9:p:928-945 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Yan & Lyons, Bruce, 2012. "Market structure, regulation and the speed of mobile network penetration," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 697-707.
- Escobal, Javier A. & Cavero, Denice, 2012. "Transaction Costs, Institutional Arrangements and Inequality Outcomes: Potato Marketing by Small Producers in Rural Peru," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 329-341.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Rossi, Barbara, 2011.
"Testing for weak identification in possibly nonlinear models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 246-261, April.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2010. "Testing for Weak Identification in Possibly Nonlinear Models," Working Papers 10-92, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Bertille Antoine & Eric Renault, 2017. "On the relevance of weaker instruments," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6-9), pages 928-945, October.
- Daria Ciriaci & Sandro Montresor & Daniela Palma, 2013. "Do KIBS make manufacturing more innovative? An empirical investigation for four European countries," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsHausman test Weak instruments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:160:y:2011:i:2:p:289-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.