Modeling matter and energy flows in marine ecosystems using emergy and eco-exergy methods to account for natural capital value
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Picone, F. & Buonocore, E. & D’Agostaro, R. & Donati, S. & Chemello, R. & Franzese, P.P., 2017. "Integrating natural capital assessment and marine spatial planning: A case study in the Mediterranean sea," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 361(C), pages 1-13.
- Christie, Michael & Remoundou, Kyriaki & Siwicka, Ewa & Wainwright, Warwick, 2015. "Valuing marine and coastal ecosystem service benefits: Case study of St Vincent and the Grenadinesâ€™ proposed marine protected areas," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 115-127.
- Brown, Mark T. & Campbell, Daniel E. & De Vilbiss, Christopher & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2016. "The geobiosphere emergy baseline: A synthesis," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 339(C), pages 92-95.
- Vassallo, P. & Paoli, C. & Buonocore, E. & Franzese, P.P. & Russo, G.F. & Povero, P., 2017. "Assessing the value of natural capital in marine protected areas: A biophysical and trophodynamic environmental accounting model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 355(C), pages 12-17.
- Costanza, Robert & de Groot, Rudolf & Braat, Leon & Kubiszewski, Ida & Fioramonti, Lorenzo & Sutton, Paul & Farber, Steve & Grasso, Monica, 2017. "Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(PA), pages 1-16.
- Brown, Mark T. & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2010. "Updated evaluation of exergy and emergy driving the geobiosphere: A review and refinement of the emergy baseline," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 221(20), pages 2501-2508.
- Häyhä, Tiina & Franzese, Pier Paolo, 2014. "Ecosystem services assessment: A review under an ecological-economic and systems perspective," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 289(C), pages 124-132.
- Ulgiati, Sergio & Zucaro, Amalia & Franzese, Pier Paolo, 2011. "Shared wealth or nobody's land? The worth of natural capital and ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 778-787, February.
- Paoli, C. & Povero, P. & Burgos, E. & Dapueto, G. & Fanciulli, G. & Massa, F. & Scarpellini, P. & Vassallo, P., 2018. "Natural capital and environmental flows assessment in marine protected areas: The case study of Liguria region (NW Mediterranean Sea)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 368(C), pages 121-135.
- Potts, Tavis & Burdon, Daryl & Jackson, Emma & Atkins, Jonathan & Saunders, Justine & Hastings, Emily & Langmead, Olivia, 2014. "Do marine protected areas deliver flows of ecosystem services to support human welfare?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 139-148.
- Berrios, Fernando & Campbell, Daniel E. & Ortiz, Marco, 2017. "Emergy evaluation of benthic ecosystems influenced by upwelling in northern Chile: Contributions of the ecosystems to the regional economy," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 359(C), pages 146-164.
- Franzese, Pier Paolo & Buonocore, Elvira & Donnarumma, Luigia & Russo, Giovanni F., 2017. "Natural capital accounting in marine protected areas: The case of the Islands of Ventotene and S. Stefano (Central Italy)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 360(C), pages 290-299.
- Coscieme, Luca & Pulselli, Federico M. & Jørgensen, Sven E. & Bastianoni, Simone & Marchettini, Nadia, 2013. "Thermodynamics-based categorization of ecosystems in a socio-ecological context," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 258(C), pages 1-8.
- Jobstvogt, Niels & Watson, Verity & Kenter, Jasper O., 2014. "Looking below the surface: The cultural ecosystem service values of UK marine protected areas (MPAs)," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 97-110.
- Schuhmann, Peter W. & Mahon, Robin, 2015. "The valuation of marine ecosystem goods and services in the Caribbean: A literature review and framework for future valuation efforts," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 56-66.
- Campbell, Daniel E. & Lu, Hongfang & Lin, Bin-Le, 2014. "Emergy evaluations of the global biogeochemical cycles of six biologically active elements and two compounds," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 271(C), pages 32-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vihervaara, Petteri & Franzese, Pier Paolo & Buonocore, Elvira, 2019. "Information, energy, and eco-exergy as indicators of ecosystem complexity," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 395(C), pages 23-27.
- Buonocore, Elvira & Appolloni, Luca & Russo, Giovanni F. & Franzese, Pier Paolo, 2020. "Assessing natural capital value in marine ecosystems through an environmental accounting model: A case study in Southern Italy," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 419(C).
- Buonocore, Elvira & Donnarumma, Luigia & Appolloni, Luca & Miccio, Antonino & Russo, Giovanni F. & Franzese, Pier Paolo, 2020. "Marine natural capital and ecosystem services: An environmental accounting model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 424(C).
- Mattei, F. & Scardi, M., 2020. "Embedding ecological knowledge into artificial neural network training: A marine phytoplankton primary production model case study," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 421(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEmergy; Eco-exergy; Environmental accounting; Natural capital; Marine ecosystems; Marine protected areas;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecomod:v:392:y:2019:i:c:p:137-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecological-modelling .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.