Can democracy help? Growth and ethnic divisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993.
"International comparisons of educational attainment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Comparisons of Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Summers, Robert & Heston, Alan, 1988. "A New Set of International Comparisons of Real Product and Price Levels Estimates for 130 Countries, 1950-1985," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kuzeyev, Vitaliy S., 2007. "On the Dynamics of Ethnic Fractionalization," IZA Discussion Papers 2822, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nathan Berg & Jeong-Yoo Kim, 2016. "Equilibrium National Border and Its Stability," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(6), pages 637-654.
- Alexandre Repkine, 2014. "Ethnic Diversity, Political Stability and Productive Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from the African Countries," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(3), pages 315-333, September.
- Campos, Nauro F & Saleh, Ahmad & Kuzeyev, Vitaliy S., 2009.
"Dynamic Ethnic Fractionalization and Economic Growth in the Transition Economies from 1989 to 2007,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4597, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Campos, Nauro F & Kuzeyev, Vitaliy & Saleh, Ahmad, 2009. "Dynamic Ethnic Fractionalization and Economic Growth in the Transition Economies from 1989 to 2007," CEPR Discussion Papers 7586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003.
"Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 159-172, February.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Ethnic Discrimination and the Migration of Skilled Labor," Working Papers 2001-19, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229568, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2002. "Why ethnic fractionalization? Polarization, ethnic conflict and growth," Economics Working Papers 660, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2002.
- MILLRINE, Mark & VUJIC, Suncica, 2017. "Revisiting Easterly and Levine (1997): Replication and extension," Working Papers 2017007, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Amin, Mohammad & Kuntchev, Veselin & Schmidt, Martin, 2015. "Gender inequality and growth: the case of rich vs. poor countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7172, The World Bank.
- Nathan Berg & Jeong-Yoo Kim, . "Equilibrium National Border and Its Stability," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 0, pages 1-18.
- Alessandro Innocenti & Francesca Lorini & Chiara Rapallini, 2014. "Ethnic Heterogeneity, Voting Partecipation and Local Economic Growth. The Case of Belgium," Working Papers - Economics wp2014_03.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Amegashie, J. Atsu, 2008. "Autocratic rule in ethnically-diverse societies," MPRA Paper 8933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kotera, Go & Mizuno, Nobuhiro & Okada, Keisuke & Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2015.
"Ethnic diversity, democracy, and health: Theory and evidence,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 353-376.
- Go Kotera & Nobuhiro Mizuno & Keisuke Okada & Sovannroeun Samreth, 2011. "Ethnic Diversity, Democracy, and Health: Theory and Evidence," KIER Working Papers 790, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Andreas Assiotis, 2013. "Does Democratization Spur Growth? An Examination over Time and Space," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 04-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Yago, Milton & Morgan, Wyn, 2008. "The impact of policy reversal on economic performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 88-106, March.
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Nuhu, Ahmed Salim, 2015. "Ethnic Diversity and Educational Attainment," EconStor Conference Papers 125567, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2012.
"Do Institutions And Social Cohesion Enhance The Effectiveness Of Aid? New Evidence From Africa,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(01), pages 1-19.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2011. "Do institutions and social cohesion enhance the effectiveness of aid? New Evidence from Africa," ICER Working Papers 13-2011, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Montalvo, Jose G. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2007. "Ethnic polarization and the duration of civil wars," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4192, The World Bank.
- Mollick, Andre Varella, 2006. "The Growth of Texas Counties in the 1990s: The Roles of County Size and Industry Clusters," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(1), pages 87-120.
- Montalvo, Jose G. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2005. "Ethnic diversity and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 293-323, April.
- Ghosh, Sugata & Mitra, Anirban, 2016. "Ethnic Diversity, Public Spending and Political Regimes," MPRA Paper 75546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugata Ghosh & Andros Gregoriou & Anirban Mitra, 2013. "On the Role of Democracy in the Ethnicity-Growth Relationship: Theory and Evidence," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 13-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Jose Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2010. "Ethnic polarization and the duration of civil wars," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 123-143, April.
- Andreas Assiotis & Kevin Sylwester, 2013. "Do Good Institutions Lower the Benefit of Democratization?," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 05-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:70:y:2001:i:1:p:121-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.