Fairness and fairness for neighbors: The difference between the Myerson value and component-wise egalitarian solutions
We replace the axiom of fairness used in the characterization of the Myerson value (Myerson, 1977) by fairness for neighbors in order to characterize the component-wise egalitarian solution. When a link is broken, fairness states that the two players incident to the link should be affected similarly while fairness for neighbors states that a player incident to the link and any of his other neighbors should be affected similarly. Fairness for neighbors is also used to characterize the component-wise egalitarian surplus solution and a two-step egalitarian surplus solution. These results highlight that egalitarian and marginalistic allocation rules can be obtained by applying the same equal gain/loss property to different types of players.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Slikker, Marco, 2007. "Bidding for surplus in network allocation problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 493-511, November.
- Rene van den Brink & Anna Khmelnitskaya & Gerard van der Laan, 2011.
"An Efficient and Fair Solution for Communication Graph Games,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-052/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Brink, René & Khmelnitskaya, Anna & van der Laan, Gerard, 2012. "An efficient and fair solution for communication graph games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 786-789.
- van den Brink, Rene, 2007. "Null or nullifying players: The difference between the Shapley value and equal division solutions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 767-775, September.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2011052 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Yoshio Kamijo, 2009. "A Two-Step Shapley Value For Cooperative Games With Coalition Structures," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(02), pages 207-214.
- Calvo, Emilio & Gutiérrez, Esther, 2010.
"Solidarity in games with a coalition structure,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 196-203, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:117:y:2012:i:1:p:263-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.