Regional sustainability: How useful are current tools of sustainability assessment at the regional scale?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reed, Mark S. & Fraser, Evan D.G. & Dougill, Andrew J., 2006. "An adaptive learning process for developing and applying sustainability indicators with local communities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 406-418, October.
- Alison Todes, 2004. "Regional planning and sustainability: limits and potentials of South Africa's integrated development plans," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 843-861.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michelle M. Olivier & Benjamin P. Wilson & Jonathon L. Howard, 2016. "Measuring Localisation Regionally to Form a Bhutanese Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, July.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:405-417 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petra Wächter & Michael Ornetzeder & Harald Rohracher & Anna Schreuer & Markus Knoflacher, 2012. "Towards a Sustainable Spatial Organization of the Energy System: Backcasting Experiences from Austria," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-17, February.
- von Wirth, Timo & Wissen Hayek, Ulrike & Kunze, Antje & Neuenschwander, Noemi & Stauffacher, Michael & Scholz, Roland W., 2014. "Identifying urban transformation dynamics: Functional use of scenario techniques to integrate knowledge from science and practice," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 115-130.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2014. "Nested open systems: An important concept for applying ecological footprint analysis to sustainable development assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 105-111.
- Mioara, BORZA, 2016. "The Sustainability Dashboard: An Appraisal Tool For Business Area Competitiveness," Contemporary Economy Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 1(2), pages 5-12.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2950-:d:164612 is not listed on IDEAS
- Graymore, M.L.M. & Sipe, Neil G. & Rickson, Roy E., 2010. "Sustaining Human Carrying Capacity: A tool for regional sustainability assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 459-468, January.
- Lähtinen, Katja & Myllyviita, Tanja & Leskinen, Pekka & Pitkänen, Sari K., 2014. "A systematic literature review on indicators to assess local sustainability of forest energy production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1202-1216.
- Wood, Richard & Garnett, Stephen, 2010. "Regional sustainability in Northern Australia --A quantitative assessment of social, economic and environmental impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1877-1882, July.
- Wallis, Anne M. & Graymore, Michelle L.M. & Richards, Anneke J., 2011. "Significance of environment in the assessment of sustainable development: The case for south west Victoria," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 595-605, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:3070-:d:166380 is not listed on IDEAS
- James K. Lein, 2014. "Toward a Remote Sensing Solution for Regional Sustainability Assessment and Monitoring," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-20, April.
- van Zeijl-Rozema, Annemarie & Ferraguto, Ludovico & Caratti, Pietro, 2011. "Comparing region-specific sustainability assessments through indicator systems: Feasible or not?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 475-486, January.
- Michelle L. M. Graymore, 2014. "Sustainability Reporting: An Approach to Get the Right Mix of Theory and Practicality for Local Actors," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(6), pages 1-26, May.
- Chenyu Lu & Chunjuan Wang & Weili Zhu & Hengji Li & Yongjin Li & Chengpeng Lu, 2015. "GIS-Based Synthetic Measurement of Sustainable Development in Loess Plateau Ecologically Fragile Area—Case of Qingyang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-19, February.
- repec:eee:appene:v:227:y:2018:i:c:p:465-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wächter, Petra, 2013. "Aspekte einer nachhaltigen Energiezukunft (ITA-manu:script 13-03)," ITA manu:scripts 13_03, Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA).
- Yigang Wei & Cui Huang & Patrick T. I. Lam & Yong Sha & Yong Feng, 2015. "Using Urban-Carrying Capacity as a Benchmark for Sustainable Urban Development: An Empirical Study of Beijing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-25, March.
- Anna Maltseva, 2016. "System of dynamic norms as a basis for sustainable development management of territories of innovative development," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainability assessment Regional sustainability Sustainability indicators Natural resource management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:67:y:2008:i:3:p:362-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.