The evolution of inequality after trade liberalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Ronald D, 1992. "Income Distribution in the Dynamic Two-Factor Trade Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(234), pages 221-233, May.
- Bourguignon, F. & Morrisson, C., 1990.
"Income distribution, development and foreign trade : A cross-sectional analysis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1113-1132, September.
- Bourguignon, F. & Morrisson, C., 1989. "Income Distribution, Development and Foreign Trade: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," DELTA Working Papers 89-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Londono, Juan Luis & Szekely, Miguel, 1999.
"Income distribution, factor endowments, and trade openness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 77-101, June.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Juan Luis Londoño & Miguel Székely, 1997. "Income Distribution, Factor Endowments, and Trade Openness," Research Department Publications 4088, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Richard A. Brecher, 1974. "Minimum Wage Rates and the Pure Theory of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(1), pages 98-116.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1991. "Risk-Bearing and the Theory of Income Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 211-235.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Maul, Hugo & Rodriguez, Sergio & Schott, Peter K., 1999. "Does natural resource abundance increase Latin American income inequality?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 3-42, June.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987.
"A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 325-338.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1984. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1997. "Trade Policy, Growth, and Income Distribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 205-210, May.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Feldman, Mark & Gilles, Christian, 1985. "An expository note on individual risk without aggregate uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 26-32, February.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Skeptic's Guide to Cross-National Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Peter Neary, 1985. "International Factor Mobility, Minimum Wage Rates, and Factor-Price Equalization: A Synthesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(3), pages 551-570.
- Ronald Fischer, 1999. "Income distribution and Trade Liberalization," Documentos de Trabajo 67, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dawood MAMOON, 2018.
"Skilled-unskilled wage asymmetries as an outcome of skewed international trade patterns in the South,"
Turkish Economic Review,
KSP Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 65-82, March.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Skilled-Unskilled Wage Asymmetries as an Outcome of Skewed International Trade Patterns in the South," MPRA Paper 82449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dawood Mamoon, 2015.
"How May International Trade affect Poverty in a Developing Country Setup? The Inequality Channel,"
International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER),
The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(5), pages 230-244, May.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2007. "How May International Trade affect Poverty in a Developing Country Setup? The Inequality Channel," MPRA Paper 2716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina & Lutz, Stefan H., 2004. "Rural-urban inequality in Africa: A panel study of the effects of trade liberalization and financial deepening," ZEI Working Papers B 06-2004, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & Mohamed Ali Marouani & Tancrède Voituriez, 2007.
"Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries,"
DT/2007/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & Mohamed Ali Marouani & Tancrède Voituriez, 2011. "Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00557108, HAL.
- Julien GOURDON & Sylvain CHABE-FERRET & Tancrède VOITURIEZ & Mohamed Ali MAROUANI, 2007. "Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers 200712, CERDI.
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & M.A. Marouani & T. Voituriez, 2009. "Trade-induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries?," Post-Print hal-00404309, HAL.
- Julien Gourdon & Nicolas Maystre & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Openness, Inequality and Poverty: Endowments Matter,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 20, pages 497-532
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Julien Gourdon & Nicolas Maystre & Jaime de Melo, 2008. "Openness, inequality and poverty: Endowments matter," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 343-378.
- Gourdon, Julien & Maystre, Nicolas & de Melo, Jaime, 2006. "Openness, inequality, and poverty : endowments matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3981, The World Bank.
- Julien Gourdon & Jaime De Melo & Nicolas Maystre, 2008. "Openness, Inequality and Poverty: Endowment Matter?," Post-Print hal-00348921, HAL.
- Jaime MELO DE & Julien GOURDON & Nicolas MAYSTRE, 2007. "Openness, Inequality, and Poverty: Endowments Matter," Working Papers 200711, CERDI.
- Julien Gourdon & Nicolas Maystre & Jaime de Melo, 2008. "Opennes, Inequality, and Poverty: Endowments Matter," Development Working Papers 239, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- de Melo, Jaime & Gourdon, Julien & Maystre, Nicolas, 2006. "Openness, Inequality and Poverty: Endowments Matter," CEPR Discussion Papers 5738, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Julien Gourdon & Nicolas Maystre & Jaime Melo De, 2011. "Openness, Inequality, and Poverty: Endowments Matter," Working Papers halshs-00557112, HAL.
- Jean-Marie Viaene & Itzhak Zilcha, 2009. "Human Capital and Inequality Dynamics: The Role of Education Technology," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(304), pages 760-778, October.
- Adrian Wood, 2004.
"Making globalization work for the poor: the 2000 White Paper reconsidered,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 933-937.
- Adrian Wood, 2006. "Making globalisation work for the poor: The 2000 White Paper Reconsidered," Working Papers id:501, eSocialSciences.
- Oloufade, Djoulassi K., 2012. "Trade Openness, Conflict Risk and Income Inequality," MPRA Paper 40702, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2013.
- Xiaodong Lu & Guowei Cai, 2011. "Effective factor endowments, trade openness and income distribution in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 188-210, June.
- Idsardi, E.F. & Schalkwyk, H.D. & Viviers, W., 2015. "The Agricultural Product Space: Prospects for South Africa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211752, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "The World Distribution of Income and Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1267, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alemayehu Geda, 2006. "Openness, Inequality and Poverty in Africa," Working Papers 25, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Anderson, Edward, 2005. "Openness and inequality in developing countries: A review of theory and recent evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1045-1063, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2011. "Labour Markets, Education and Duality of Returns," MPRA Paper 29529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:30:y:2016:i:2:p:33-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Amar Iqbal ANWAR, 2012. "Remittances, inequality and poverty in Pakistan: macro and microeconomic Evidence," Working Papers 2012-2013_2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Aug 2012.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2011.
"International trade and income distribution: reconsidering the evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(4), pages 593-619, November.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2005. "International Trade and Income Distribution: Reconsidering the Evidence," Working Papers 2005-17, CEPII research center.
- Wang, Ming-cheng & Fang, Chen-ray & Huang, Li-hsuan, 2009. "International knowledge spillovers and wage inequality in developing countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1208-1214, November.
- Adeel Ali & Syed Faizan Iftikhar & Ambreen Fatima & Lubna Naz, 2015. "Income Inequality, Redistribution of Income and Trade Openness," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(4), pages 865-874.
- Michael Bolle & José Caétano & Jaakko Kiander & Vladimir Lavrac & Renzo Orsi & Tiiu Paas & Katarzyna Zukrowska, 2002. "The Eastward Enlargement of the Eurozone - State of the Art Report," Eastward Enlargement of the Euro-zone Working Papers wp02, Free University Berlin, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, revised 01 Jan 2002.
- Caroline DAYMON, 2012. "Ouverture Commerciale, Inégalités De Revenu Et Répartition Salariale Dans Les Pays Du Sud Et De L’Est De La Méditerranée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 35, pages 81-98.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:66:y:2001:i:2:p:555-579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.