Can remittances compensate for manpower outflows : The case of Philippine physicians
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon, 2007.
"Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 915-923, September.
- Simon Commander & Mari Kangasniemi & L. Alan Winters, 2004. "Is the Medical Brain Drain Beneficial? Evidence from Overseas Doctors in the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp0618, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon, 2004. "Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19984, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Martine Rutten, 2009.
"The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: An Overview of the Literature,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 291-325, February.
- Martine Rutten, 2007. "The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: an Overview of the Literature," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070803, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Michel Grignon & Yaw Owusu & Arthur Sweetman, 2013.
"The international migration of health professionals,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 4, pages 75-97
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Grignon, Michel & Owusu, Yaw & Sweetman, Arthur, 2012. "The International Migration of Health Professionals," IZA Discussion Papers 6517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tigran A. Melkonyan & David A. Grigorian, 2008. "Microeconomic Implications of Remittances in an Overlapping Generations Model with Altruism and Self-Interest," IMF Working Papers 08/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Connell, John, 2014. "The two cultures of health worker migration: A Pacific perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 73-81.
- Yuriy Bilan & Wadim Strielkowski, 2016. "Migration in post-transition economies: immigration surplus in Visegrad group countries," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(2), pages 182-196.
- Bach, Stephen, 2006. "International Mobility of Health Professionals: Brain Drain or Brain Exchange?," WIDER Working Paper Series 082, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tigran A. Melkonyan & David A. Grigorian & J. Scott Shonkwiler, 2008. "Garbage In, Gospel Out? Controlling for the Underreporting of Remittances," IMF Working Papers 08/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Ann Issac & Nirmalya Syam, 2010. "Migration of Health Care Professionals from India: A Case Study of Nurses," Working Papers id:2403, eSocialSciences.
- Edgard R. Rodriguez & Susan Horton, 1995. "International Return Migration and Remittances in the Philippines," Working Papers horton-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Till Bärnighausen & David E. Bloom, 2009. "Changing Research Perspectives on the Global Health Workforce," NBER Working Papers 15168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:15:y:1984:i:1-3:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.