Is there a (transracial) adoption achievement gap?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brooks, Devon & James, Sigrid, 2003. "Willingness to adopt back foster children: implications for child welfare policy and recruitment of adoptive families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5-6), pages 463-489.
- Mohanty, Jayashree & Newhill, Christina, 2006. "Adjustment of international adoptees: Implications for practice and a future research agenda," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 384-395, April.
- Sharma, Anu R. & McGue, Matthew K. & Benson, Peter L., 1996. "The emotional and behavioral adjustment of United States adopted adolescents: Part I. An overview," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100.
- Smith-McKeever, Chedgzsey, 2006. "Adoption satisfaction among African-American families adopting African-American children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 825-840, July.
- Kaushal, Neeraj & Nepomnyaschy, Lenna, 2009. "Wealth, race/ethnicity, and children's educational outcomes," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 963-971, September.
- Wilson, Samantha L. & Weaver, Terri L. & Cradock, Mary Michaeleen & Kuebli, Janet E., 2008. "A preliminary study of the cognitive and motor skills acquisition of young international adoptees," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 585-596, May.
- Groze, Victor, 1996. "A 1 and 2 year follow-up study of adoptive families and special needs children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 57-82.
More about this item
KeywordsAdoption; Race; Educational outcomes; Family diversity; Transracial adoption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:35:y:2013:i:1:p:142-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.