The academic status of children and youth in out-of-home care: A review of the literature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pecora, Peter J. & Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kirk & White, Catherine Roller & Williams, Jason & Hiripi, Eva & English, Diana & White, James & Herrick, Mary Anne, 2006. "Educational and employment outcomes of adults formerly placed in foster care: Results from the Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 1459-1481, December.
- Oosterman, Mirjam & Schuengel, Carlo & Wim Slot, N. & Bullens, Ruud A.R. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H., 2007. "Disruptions in foster care: A review and meta-analysis," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 53-76, January.
- Iglehart, Alfreda P., 1995. "Readiness for independence: Comparison of foster care, kinship care, and non-foster care adolescents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 417-432.
- Kohl, Patricia L. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & English, Diana J. & Barth, Richard P., 2005. "Domestic violence and pathways into child welfare services: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1167-1182, November.
- Dubowitz, Howard & Feigelman, Susan & Harrington, Donna & Starr, Raymond & Zuravin, Susan & Sawyer, Richard, 1994. "Children in kinship care: How do they fare?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 85-106.
- Proch, Kathleen & Taber, Merlin A., 1985. "Placement disruption: A review of research," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 309-320.
- Brooks, Devon & Barth, Richard P., 1998. "Characteristics and outcomes of drug-exposed and non drug-exposed children in kinship and non-relative foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 475-501, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:9:1368-1370_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jenson, Jeffrey M. & Whittaker, James K., 1987. "Parental involvement in children's residential treatment: From preplacement to aftercare," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 81-100.
- Unrau, Yvonne A., 2007. "Research on placement moves: Seeking the perspective of foster children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 122-137, January.
- Jones, Loring & Lansdverk, John, 2006. "Residential education: Examining a new approach for improving outcomes for foster youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1152-1168, October.
- Christopher Swann & Michelle Sylvester, 2006. "The foster care crisis: What caused caseloads to grow," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 43(2), pages 309-335, May.
- Thompson, Ronald W. & Bosn, Al & Ruma, Penney R., 1993. "Application of assessment methods to instruction in a high school writing program," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 153-157.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:30:y:2008:i:9:p:979-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.