Communication and language in abused and institutionalized minors. A scoping review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dinehart, Laura H. & Manfra, Louis & Katz, Lynne F. & Hartman, Suzanne C., 2012. "Associations between center-based care accreditation status and the early educational outcomes of children in the child welfare system," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1072-1080.
- Guillaume Bronsard & Marine Alessandrini & Guillaume Fond & Anderson Loundou & Pascal Auquier & Sylvie Tordjman & Laurent Boyer, 2016. "The Prevalence of Mental Disorders Among Children and Adolescents in the ă Child Welfare System: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis," Post-Print hal-01482508, HAL.
- Ralli, M. Asimina & Schiza Melpomeni & Tsiatsiou Alexandra, 2017. "Language and Psychosocial Skills of Institutionalized Children in Greece," The Open Family Studies Journal, Bentham Open, vol. 9(1), pages 76-87, August.
- Hawkins-Rodgers, Yolanda, 2007. "Adolescents adjusting to a group home environment: A residential care model of re-organizing attachment behavior and building resiliency," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1131-1141, September.
- González-García, Carla & Bravo, Amaia & Arruabarrena, Ignacia & Martín, Eduardo & Santos, Iriana & Del Valle, Jorge F., 2017. "Emotional and behavioral problems of children in residential care: Screening detection and referrals to mental health services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 100-106.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Hatfield, Bridget & Lewis, Hillary & Goka-Dubose, Emiko & Fisher, Philip A., 2019. "Strengthening children’s roots of resilience: Trauma-responsive early learning," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Sala Roca, Josefina & Jariot García, Mercè & Villalba Biarnés, Andreu & Rodríguez, Montserrat, 2009. "Analysis of factors involved in the social inclusion process of young people fostered in residential care institutions," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1251-1257, December.
- Klein, Sacha & Fries, Lauren & Emmons, Mary M., 2017. "Early care and education arrangements and young children's risk of foster placement: Findings from a National Child Welfare Sample," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 168-178.
- Balluerka, Nekane & Muela, Alexander & Amiano, Nora & Caldentey, Miquel A., 2014. "Influence of animal-assisted therapy (AAT) on the attachment representations of youth in residential care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 103-109.
- Brännström, Lars & Karlsson, Henrik & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders, 2018. "Childhood risk factors for disability pension among adult former Swedish child welfare clients: Same or different as for majority population peers?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 94-102.
- McLean, Lavinia & Penco, Rebecca, 2020. "Physical activity: Exploring the barriers and facilitators for the engagement of young people in residential care in Ireland," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Meloy, Mary Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Baron, Madeline J., 2015. "Linking state child care and child welfare policies and populations: Implications for children, families, and policymakers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 30-39.
- Kovan, Nikki & Mishra, Shweta & Susman-Stillman, Amy & Piescher, Kristine N. & LaLiberte, Traci, 2014. "Differences in the early care and education needs of young children involved in child protection," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 139-145.
- Orúzar, Harry & Miranda, Rafael & Oriol, Xavier & Montserrat, Carme, 2019. "Self-control and subjective-wellbeing of adolescents in residential care: The moderator role of experienced happiness and daily-life activities with caregivers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 125-131.
- Zárate-Alva, Nair Elizabeth & Sala-Roca, Josefina, 2019. "Socio-emotional skills of girls and young mothers in foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 50-56.
- Kind, Nina & Bürgin, David & Clemens, Vera & Jenkel, Nils & Schmid, Marc, 2020. "Disrupting the disruption cycle – A longitudinal analysis of aggression trajectories, quality of life, psychopathology and self-efficacy in closed youth residential care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Tam, Christina C. & Abrams, Laura S. & Freisthler, Bridget & Ryan, Joseph P., 2016. "Juvenile justice sentencing: Do gender and child welfare involvement matter?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 60-65.
- Graaf, Genevieve & Snowden, Lonnie, 2017. "The role of Medicaid home and community-based service policies in organizing and financing care for children with severe emotional disturbance," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 272-283.
- Maneiro, Lorena & Gómez-Fraguela, José Antonio & López-Romero, Laura & Cutrín, Olalla & Sobral, Jorge, 2019. "Risk profiles for antisocial behavior in adolescents placed in residential care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 278-286.
- Águila-Otero, A. & Bravo, A. & Santos, I. & Del Valle, J.F., 2020. "Addressing the most damaged adolescents in the child protection system: An analysis of the profiles of young people in therapeutic residential care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Joan Llosada-Gistau & Ferran Casas & Carme Montserrat, 2020. "Factors Influencing the Subjective Well-Being of Adolescents in out-of-Home Care. A Mixed Method Study," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 835-863, July.
- Joanne Carman & Kimberly Fredericks, 2013. "Nonprofits and Accreditation: Exploring the Implications for Accountability," International Review of Public Administration, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 51-68, December.
- Klein, Sacha & Merritt, Darcey H. & Snyder, Susan M., 2016. "Child welfare supervised children's participation in center-based early care and education," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 80-91.
- Antigonos Sochos & Najla Al‐Jasas, 2020. "Attachment provision in the Saudi orphanages: Exploring the narratives of residential staff," International Journal of Social Welfare, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 29(3), pages 244-254, July.
- Debra A. Strong & Russell Cole & Angela V. D'Angelo & Juliette Henke, "undated". "2012 and 2014 Regional Partnership Grants to Increase the Well-Being of and to Improve the Permanency Outcomes for Children Affected by Substance Abuse: Third Annual Report to Congress," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 25fb6c26bc6a435fbfa9abfd8, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsAbused children; Institutionalized children; Language development; Communication; Assessment; Scoping review;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:112:y:2020:i:c:s0190740919312137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.