Dynamic Bayesian beta models
We develop a dynamic Bayesian beta model for modeling and forecasting single time series of rates or proportions. This work is related to a class of dynamic generalized linear models (DGLMs), although, for convenience, we use non-conjugate priors. The proposed methodology is based on approximate analysis relying on Bayesian linear estimation, nonlinear system of equations solution and Gaussian quadrature. Intentionally we avoid MCMC strategy, keeping the desired sequential nature of the Bayesian analysis. Applications to both real and simulated data are provided.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Max Bruche & Carlos González Aguado, 2006.
"Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities And The Credit Cycle,"
- Bruche, Max & González-Aguado, Carlos, 2010. "Recovery rates, default probabilities, and the credit cycle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 754-764, April.
- Carlos González-Aguado & Max Bruche, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle," FMG Discussion Papers dp572, Financial Markets Group.
- Max Bruche & Carlos Gonzalez-Aguado, 2006. "Recovery rates, default probabilities and the credit cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24524, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Godolphin, E.J. & Triantafyllopoulos, Kostas, 2006. "Decomposition of time series models in state-space form," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2232-2246, May.
- Ed McKenzie, 1985. "An Autoregressive Process for Beta Random Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(8), pages 988-997, August.
- Håvard Rue & Sara Martino & Nicolas Chopin, 2009. "Approximate Bayesian inference for latent Gaussian models by using integrated nested Laplace approximations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 319-392.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:6:p:2074-2089. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.