Degeneracy of the EM algorithm for the MLE of multivariate Gaussian mixtures and dynamic constraints
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingrassia, Salvatore & Rocci, Roberto, 2007. "Constrained monotone EM algorithms for finite mixture of multivariate Gaussians," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 5339-5351, July.
- Seo, Byungtae & Lindsay, Bruce G., 2010. "A computational strategy for doubly smoothed MLE exemplified in the normal mixture model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 1930-1941, August.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Chrétien, Stéphane, 2003. "Degeneracy in the maximum likelihood estimation of univariate Gaussian mixtures with EM," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 373-382, February.
- Chen, Jiahua & Tan, Xianming, 2009. "Inference for multivariate normal mixtures," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(7), pages 1367-1383, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:119:y:2018:i:c:p:19-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:advdac:v:12:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11634-017-0293-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:advdac:v:12:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11634-016-0279-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicosia, Aurélien & Duchesne, Thierry & Rivest, Louis-Paul & Fortin, Daniel, 2017. "A general hidden state random walk model for animal movement," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 76-95.
- Hien Nguyen & Geoffrey McLachlan, 2015. "Maximum likelihood estimation of Gaussian mixture models without matrix operations," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 9(4), pages 371-394, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMixture models EM algorithm Degeneracy Dynamic constraints;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:4:p:1715-1725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.