Repeated measures analysis for functional data
Most of the traditional statistical methods are being adapted to the Functional Data Analysis (FDA) context. The repeated measures analysis which deals with the k-sample problem when the data are from the same subjects is investigated. Both the parametric and the nonparametric approaches are considered. Asymptotic, permutation and bootstrap approximations for the statistic distribution are developed. In order to explore the statistical power of the proposed methods in different scenarios, a Monte Carlo simulation study is carried out. The results suggest that the studied methodology can detect small differences between curves even with small sample sizes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Mas, 2007. "Testing for the Mean of Random Curves: A Penalization Approach," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 147-163, 07.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2006. "On the use of the bootstrap for estimating functions with functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 1063-1074, November.
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Epifanio, Irene & Ventura-Campos, Noelia, 2011. "Functional data analysis in shape analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2758-2773, September.
- Pedro Delicado, 2007. "Functional k-sample problem when data are density functions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 391-410, September.
- Rosen, Ori & Thompson, Wesley K., 2009. "A Bayesian regression model for multivariate functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(11), pages 3773-3786, September.
- Frédéric Ferraty & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Philippe Vieu, 2010. "On the Validity of the Bootstrap in Non-Parametric Functional Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(2), pages 286-306.
- Delicado, P., 2011. "Dimensionality reduction when data are density functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 401-420, January.
- Martínez-Camblor, Pablo & de Uña-Álvarez, Jacobo, 2009. "Non-parametric k-sample tests: Density functions vs distribution functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3344-3357, July.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2000. "Kernel-based functional principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 335-345, July.
- Park, Juhyun & Gasser, Theo & Rousson, Valentin, 2009. "Structural components in functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3452-3465, July.
- Berrendero, J.R. & Justel, A. & Svarc, M., 2011. "Principal components for multivariate functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2619-2634, September.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2004. "An anova test for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 111-122, August.
- Manteiga, Wenceslao Gonzalez & Vieu, Philippe, 2007. "Statistics for Functional Data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4788-4792, June.
- Mariano Valderrama, 2007. "An overview to modelling functional data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 331-334, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:12:p:3244-3256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.