Asymptotic normality of conditional density estimation in the single index model for functional time series data
In this paper, we investigate the estimation of conditional density function based on the single-index model for functional time series data. The asymptotic normality of the conditional density estimator and the conditional mode estimator for the α mixing dependence functional time series data are obtained, respectively. Furthermore, as applications, the asymptotic (1-ζ) confidence interval of the conditional density function and the conditional mode are also presented for 0<ζ<1.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Azzedine, Nadjia & Laksaci, Ali & Ould-Saïd, Elias, 2008. "On robust nonparametric regression estimation for a functional regressor," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3216-3221, December.
- Frédéric Ferraty & Ali Laksaci & Philippe Vieu, 2006. "Estimating Some Characteristics of the Conditional Distribution in Nonparametric Functional Models," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 47-76, 05.
- Attaoui, Said & Laksaci, Ali & Ould Said, Elias, 2011. "A note on the conditional density estimate in the single functional index model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 45-53, January.
- Laksaci, Ali & Lemdani, Mohamed & Ould-Sad, Elias, 2009. "A generalized L1-approach for a kernel estimator of conditional quantile with functional regressors: Consistency and asymptotic normality," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1065-1073, April.
- Masry, Elias, 2005. "Nonparametric regression estimation for dependent functional data: asymptotic normality," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 155-177, January.
- M'hamed Ezzahrioui & Elias Ould Saïd, 2010. "Some asymptotic results of a non-parametric conditional mode estimator for functional time-series data," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 64(2), pages 171-201.
- Frédéric Ferraty & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Philippe Vieu, 2010. "On the Validity of the Bootstrap in Non-Parametric Functional Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(2), pages 286-306.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:12:p:2235-2243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.