The effect of stock splits on the ownership structure of firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ohlson, James A. & Penman, Stephen H., 1985. "Volatility increases subsequent to stock splits: An empirical aberration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 251-266, June.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark S. & Masulis, Ronald W. & Titman, Sheridan, 1984. "The valuation effects of stock splits and stock dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 461-490, December.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Poon, Percy, 1987. " The Market Reaction to Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1347-1370, December.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Lev, Baruch, 1987. " Stock Splits and Stock Dividends: Why, Who, and When," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 913-932, September.
- Slovin, Myron B & Sushka, Marie E, 1993. " Ownership Concentration, Corporate Control Activity, and Firm Value: Evidence from the Death of Inside Blockholders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1293-1321, September.
- McNichols, Maureen & Dravid, Ajay, 1990. " Stock Dividends, Stock Splits, and Signaling," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 857-879, July.
- Dubofsky, David A, 1991. " Volatility Increases Subsequent to NYSE and AMEX Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 421-431, March.
- Edmister, Robert O & Subramanian, N, 1982. " Determinants of Brokerage Commission Rates for Institutional Investors: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1087-1093, September.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Copeland, Thomas E., 1988. "Stock splits, stock prices, and transaction costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 83-101, October.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Michael T. Maloney & J. Harold Mulherin, 1992. "The Effects of Splitting on the Ex: A Microstructure Reconciliation," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(4), Winter.
- Brown, Philip & Kleidon, Allan W. & Marsh, Terry A., 1983. "New evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies in stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-56, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i::p:55-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J & Hughes, Patricia J, 1991. " Stock Prices and the Supply of Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1665-1691, December.
- Copeland, Thomas E, 1979. "Liquidity Changes Following Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 115-141, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pa:p:14-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becht, Marco & Bolton, Patrick & Roell, Ailsa, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-109
- Patrick Bolton & Marco Becht & Alisa Röell, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Control," NBER Working Papers 9371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Roell, 2003. "Corporate governance and control," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Huang, Gow-Cheng & Liano, Kartono & Pan, Ming-Shiun, 2009.
"The information content of stock splits,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, pages 557-567.
- Francesco FRANZONI & Tobias ADRIAN, "undated". "Learning about Beta: Time-Varying Factor Loadings, Expected Returns,and the Conditional CAPM," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-36, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Tobias Adrian & Francesco Franzoni, 2008. "Learning about beta: time-varying factor loadings, expected returns, and the conditional CAPM," Staff Reports 193, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Franzoni, Francesco & Adrian, Tobias, 2005. "Learning about Beta: time-varying factor loadings, expected returns and the conditional CAPM," Les Cahiers de Recherche 828, HEC Paris.
- Francesco Franzoni & Tobias Adrian, 2005. "Learning about Beta: Time-varying factor loadings, expected returns, and the Conditional CAPM," Working Papers hal-00587579, HAL.
- Green, T. Clifton & Hwang, Byoung-Hyoun, 2009. "Price-based return comovement," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 37-50, July.
- Peress, Joel, 2010. "The tradeoff between risk sharing and information production in financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 124-155, January.
- Desai, Chintal A. & Savickas, Robert, 2010. "On the causes of volatility effects of conglomerate breakups," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 554-571, September.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Singh, Ajai K. & Yu, Wen, 2009. "Stock splits, trading continuity, and the cost of equity capital," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 474-489, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:3:y:1997:i:2:p:167-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.