Thermogravimetric analysis of microalgae combustion under different oxygen supply concentrations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Liam & Owende, Philip, 2010. "Biofuels from microalgae--A review of technologies for production, processing, and extractions of biofuels and co-products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 557-577, February.
- Fatih Demirbas, M., 2009. "Biorefineries for biofuel upgrading: A critical review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 151-161, November.
- Zuru, A.A. & Dangoggo, S.M. & Birnin-Yauri, U.A. & Tambuwal, A.D., 2004. "Adoption of thermogravimetric kinetic models for kinetic analysis of biogas production," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 97-107.
- Kita, K. & Okada, S. & Sekino, H. & Imou, K. & Yokoyama, S. & Amano, T., 2010. "Thermal pre-treatment of wet microalgae harvest for efficient hydrocarbon recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2420-2423, July.
- Sanchez, M.E. & Otero, M. & Gómez, X. & Morán, A., 2009. "Thermogravimetric kinetic analysis of the combustion of biowastes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1622-1627.
- Luo, S.Y. & Xiao, B. & Hu, Z.Q. & Liu, S.M. & Guan, Y.W., 2009. "Experimental study on oxygen-enriched combustion of biomass micro fuel," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1880-1884.
- Xiao, Han-min & Ma, Xiao-qian & Lai, Zhi-yi, 2009. "Isoconversional kinetic analysis of co-combustion of sewage sludge with straw and coal," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1741-1745, September.
- Demirbas, Ayhan, 2011. "Competitive liquid biofuels from biomass," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 17-28, January.
- Mata, Teresa M. & Martins, António A. & Caetano, Nidia. S., 2010. "Microalgae for biodiesel production and other applications: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 217-232, January.
- Huang, GuanHua & Chen, Feng & Wei, Dong & Zhang, XueWu & Chen, Gu, 2010. "Biodiesel production by microalgal biotechnology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 38-46, January.
- Haykiri-Acma, H. & Yaman, S. & Kucukbayrak, S., 2006. "Effect of heating rate on the pyrolysis yields of rapeseed," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 803-810.
- K Hossain, A & Badr, O, 2007. "Prospects of renewable energy utilisation for electricity generation in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1617-1649, October.
- Meng, Xin & Yang, Jianming & Xu, Xin & Zhang, Lei & Nie, Qingjuan & Xian, Mo, 2009. "Biodiesel production from oleaginous microorganisms," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-5.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcilla, A. & Catalá, L. & García-Quesada, J.C. & Valdés, F.J. & Hernández, M.R., 2013. "A review of thermochemical conversion of microalgae," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 11-19.
- repec:eee:appene:v:212:y:2018:i:c:p:786-795 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:850-866 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giostri, A. & Binotti, M. & Macchi, E., 2016. "Microalgae cofiring in coal power plants: Innovative system layout and energy analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 449-464.
- Söyler, Nejmi & Goldfarb, Jillian L. & Ceylan, Selim & Saçan, Melek Türker, 2017. "Renewable fuels from pyrolysis of Dunaliella tertiolecta: An alternative approach to biochemical conversions of microalgae," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 907-914.
- Raheem, Abdul & Wan Azlina, W.A.K.G. & Taufiq Yap, Y.H. & Danquah, Michael K. & Harun, Razif, 2015. "Thermochemical conversion of microalgal biomass for biofuel production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 990-999.
- Rizzo, Andrea Maria & Prussi, Matteo & Bettucci, Lorenzo & Libelli, Ilaria Marsili & Chiaramonti, David, 2013. "Characterization of microalga Chlorella as a fuel and its thermogravimetric behavior," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 24-31.
- López-González, D. & Fernandez-Lopez, M. & Valverde, J.L. & Sanchez-Silva, L., 2014. "Kinetic analysis and thermal characterization of the microalgae combustion process by thermal analysis coupled to mass spectrometry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 227-237.
- Comesaña, R. & Gómez, M.A. & Álvarez Feijoo, M.A. & Eguía, P., 2013. "CFD simulation of a TG–DSC furnace during the indium phase change process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 293-298.
- Wu, Keng-Tung & Tsai, Chia-Ju & Chen, Chih-Shen & Chen, Hsiao-Wei, 2012. "The characteristics of torrefied microalgae," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 52-57.
- Watanabe, Hideo & Li, Dalin & Nakagawa, Yoshinao & Tomishige, Keiichi & Kaya, Kunimitsu & Watanabe, Makoto M., 2014. "Characterization of oil-extracted residue biomass of Botryococcus braunii as a biofuel feedstock and its pyrolytic behavior," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 475-484.
- Ferreira, L.S. & Rodrigues, M.S. & Converti, A. & Sato, S. & Carvalho, J.C.M., 2012. "Arthrospira (Spirulina) platensis cultivation in tubular photobioreactor: Use of no-cost CO2 from ethanol fermentation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 379-385.
- Ferreira, A.F. & Soares Dias, A.P. & Silva, C.M. & Costa, M., 2015. "Evaluation of thermochemical properties of raw and extracted microalgae," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 365-372.
More about this item
KeywordsChlorella vulgaris; Oxygen concentration; Combustion; Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA); Kinetics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:9:p:3189-3196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.