Generalized irreversible heat-engine experiencing a complex heat-transfer law
The fundamental optimal relation between optimal power-output and efficiency of a generalized irreversible Carnot heat-engine is derived based on a generalized heat-transfer law, including a generalized convective heat-transfer law and a generalized radiative heat-transfer law, qÂ [is proportional to]Â ([Delta]Tn)m. The generalized irreversible Carnot-engine model incorporates several internal and external irreversibilities, such as heat resistance, bypass heat-leak, friction, turbulence and other undesirable irreversibility factors. The added irreversibilities, besides heat resistance, are characterized by a constant parameter and a constant coefficient. The effects of heat-transfer laws and various loss terms are analyzed. The results obtained corroborate those in the literature.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 85 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Göktun, S. & Özkaynak, S. & Yavuz, H., 1993. "Design parameters of a radiative heat engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 651-655.
- Zhou, Shengbing & Chen, Lingen & Sun, Fengrui & Wu, Chih, 2005. "Optimal performance of a generalized irreversible Carnot-engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(4), pages 376-387, August.
- Chen, Lingen & Sun, Fengrui & Wu, Chih, 2004. "Maximum-profit performance for generalized irreversible Carnot-engines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 15-25, September.
- Chen, Lingen & Zhu, Xiaoqin & Sun, Fengrui & Wu, Chih, 2006. "Exergy-based ecological optimization of linear phenomenological heat-transfer law irreversible Carnot-engines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(6), pages 573-582, June.
- Chen, Lingen & Zhang, Wanli & Sun, Fengrui, 2007. "Power, efficiency, entropy-generation rate and ecological optimization for a class of generalized irreversible universal heat-engine cycles," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(5), pages 512-525, May.
- Wu, Chih & Kiang, Robert L., 1992. "Finite-time thermodynamic analysis of a Carnot engine with internal irreversibility," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(12), pages 1173-1178.
- Chen, Lingen & Zhou, Jianping & Sun, Fengrui & Wu, Chih, 2004. "Ecological optimization for generalized irreversible Carnot engines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 327-338, March.
- Chen, Lingen & Zhu, Xiaoqin & Sun, Fengrui & Wu, Chih, 2006. "Effect of mixed heat-resistances on the optimal configuration and performance of a heat-engine cycle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(6), pages 537-544, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:85:y:2008:i:1:p:52-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.