Towards realistic design of wind dams: An innovative approach to enhance wind potential
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2009. "Visual impact assessment of offshore wind farms and prior experience," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 380-387, March.
- Wang, Shifeng & Wang, Sicong, 2015. "Impacts of wind energy on environment: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 437-443.
- Liang, Zhengtang & Liang, Jun & Zhang, Li & Wang, Chengfu & Yun, Zhihao & Zhang, Xu, 2015. "Analysis of multi-scale chaotic characteristics of wind power based on Hilbert–Huang transform and Hurst analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 51-61.
- Amponsah, Nana Yaw & Troldborg, Mads & Kington, Bethany & Aalders, Inge & Hough, Rupert Lloyd, 2014. "Greenhouse gas emissions from renewable energy sources: A review of lifecycle considerations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 461-475.
- Ederer, Nikolaus, 2015. "Evaluating capital and operating cost efficiency of offshore wind farms: A DEA approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1034-1046.
- Li, Q.S. & Shu, Z.R. & Chen, F.B., 2016. "Performance assessment of tall building-integrated wind turbines for power generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 777-788.
- Fazelpour, Farivar & Soltani, Nima & Rosen, Marc A., 2014. "Feasibility of satisfying electrical energy needs with hybrid systems for a medium-size hotel on Kish Island, Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 856-865.
- Ritter, Matthias & Shen, Zhiwei & López Cabrera, Brenda & Odening, Martin & Deckert, Lars, 2015.
"Designing an index for assessing wind energy potential,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 416-424.
- Matthias Ritter & Zhiwei Shen & Brenda LÃ³pez Cabrera & Martin Odening & Lars Deckert, 2014. "Designing an Index for Assessing Wind Energy Potential," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-052, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Kumar, Yogesh & Ringenberg, Jordan & Depuru, Soma Shekara & Devabhaktuni, Vijay K. & Lee, Jin Woo & Nikolaidis, Efstratios & Andersen, Brett & Afjeh, Abdollah, 2016. "Wind energy: Trends and enabling technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 209-224.
- Dabbaghiyan, Amir & Fazelpour, Farivar & Abnavi, Mohhamadreza Dehghan & Rosen, Marc A., 2016. "Evaluation of wind energy potential in province of Bushehr, Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 455-466.
- Sinha, Sunanda & Chandel, S.S., 2015. "Review of recent trends in optimization techniques for solar photovoltaic–wind based hybrid energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 755-769.
- Jamil, M. & Parsa, S. & Majidi, M., 1995. "Wind power statistics and an evaluation of wind energy density," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 623-628.
- Díaz-González, Francisco & Sumper, Andreas & Gomis-Bellmunt, Oriol & Bianchi, Fernando D., 2013. "Energy management of flywheel-based energy storage device for wind power smoothing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 207-219.
- Castellani, Francesco & Garinei, Alberto, 2013. "On the way to harness high-altitude wind power: Defining the operational asset for an airship wind generator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 592-600.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2007. "A guide to life-cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from electric supply technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1543-1559.
- Toja-Silva, Francisco & Lopez-Garcia, Oscar & Peralta, Carlos & Navarro, Jorge & Cruz, Ignacio, 2016. "An empirical–heuristic optimization of the building-roof geometry for urban wind energy exploitation on high-rise buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 769-794.
- Panwar, N.L. & Kaushik, S.C. & Kothari, Surendra, 2011. "Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1513-1524, April.
- Huang, Qunwu & Shi, Yeqiang & Wang, Yiping & Lu, Linping & Cui, Yong, 2015. "Multi-turbine wind-solar hybrid system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 401-407.
- Mahesh, Aeidapu & Sandhu, Kanwarjit Singh, 2015. "Hybrid wind/photovoltaic energy system developments: Critical review and findings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1135-1147.
- Bontempo, R. & Manna, M., 2014. "Performance analysis of open and ducted wind turbines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 405-416.
- Karakosta, Charikleia & Pappas, Charalampos & Marinakis, Vangelis & Psarras, John, 2013. "Renewable energy and nuclear power towards sustainable development: Characteristics and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 187-197.
- Fazelpour, Farivar & Soltani, Nima & Soltani, Sina & Rosen, Marc A., 2015. "Assessment of wind energy potential and economics in the north-western Iranian cities of Tabriz and Ardabil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 87-99.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:renene:v:120:y:2018:i:c:p:163-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:646-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:1347-1362 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy sources; Wind energy; Wind potential; Wind dam; Underground wind farm;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:182:y:2016:i:c:p:282-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.