Mixtures of SF6–CO2 as working fluids for geothermal power plants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Huijuan & Goswami, D. Yogi & Rahman, Muhammad M. & Stefanakos, Elias K., 2011. "A supercritical Rankine cycle using zeotropic mixture working fluids for the conversion of low-grade heat into power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 549-555.
- Hung, T.C. & Shai, T.Y. & Wang, S.K., 1997. "A review of organic rankine cycles (ORCs) for the recovery of low-grade waste heat," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 661-667.
- Madhawa Hettiarachchi, H.D. & Golubovic, Mihajlo & Worek, William M. & Ikegami, Yasuyuki, 2007. "Optimum design criteria for an Organic Rankine cycle using low-temperature geothermal heat sources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1698-1706.
- Liu, Bo-Tau & Chien, Kuo-Hsiang & Wang, Chi-Chuan, 2004. "Effect of working fluids on organic Rankine cycle for waste heat recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1207-1217.
- Imroz Sohel, M. & Sellier, Mathieu & Brackney, Larry J. & Krumdieck, Susan, 2009. "Efficiency improvement for geothermal power generation to meet summer peak demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3370-3376, September.
- Barbier, Enrico, 2002. "Geothermal energy technology and current status: an overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 3-65.
- Yamamoto, Takahisa & Furuhata, Tomohiko & Arai, Norio & Mori, Koichi, 2001. "Design and testing of the Organic Rankine Cycle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 239-251.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:140:y:2017:i:p1:p:818-836 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghasemi, Hadi & Sheu, Elysia & Tizzanini, Alessio & Paci, Marco & Mitsos, Alexander, 2014. "Hybrid solar–geothermal power generation: Optimal retrofitting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 158-170.
- Cheng, Wen-Long & Li, Tong-Tong & Nian, Yong-Le & Xie, Kun, 2014. "Evaluation of working fluids for geothermal power generation from abandoned oil wells," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 238-245.
- Wang, Enhua & Yu, Zhibin, 2016. "A numerical analysis of a composition-adjustable Kalina cycle power plant for power generation from low-temperature geothermal sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 834-848.
- repec:eee:appene:v:198:y:2017:i:c:p:145-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayub, Mohammad & Mitsos, Alexander & Ghasemi, Hadi, 2015. "Thermo-economic analysis of a hybrid solar-binary geothermal power plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 326-335.
- Rovira, Antonio & Rubbia, Carlo & Valdés, Manuel & Martínez-Val, José M., 2014. "Thermodynamic cycles optimised for medium enthalpy units of concentrating solar power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 176-185.
- Liu, Qiang & Duan, Yuanyuan & Yang, Zhen, 2014. "Effect of condensation temperature glide on the performance of organic Rankine cycles with zeotropic mixture working fluids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 394-404.
- Zhao, Li & Bao, Junjiang, 2014. "Thermodynamic analysis of organic Rankine cycle using zeotropic mixtures," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 748-756.
- Habka, Muhsen & Ajib, Salman, 2015. "Evaluation of mixtures performances in Organic Rankine Cycle when utilizing the geothermal water with and without cogeneration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 567-576.
- Sarkar, Jahar, 2015. "Review and future trends of supercritical CO2 Rankine cycle for low-grade heat conversion," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 434-451.
- Li, Jian & Liu, Qiang & Duan, Yuanyuan & Yang, Zhen, 2017. "Performance analysis of organic Rankine cycles using R600/R601a mixtures with liquid-separated condensation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 376-389.
- Adams, Benjamin M. & Kuehn, Thomas H. & Bielicki, Jeffrey M. & Randolph, Jimmy B. & Saar, Martin O., 2015. "A comparison of electric power output of CO2 Plume Geothermal (CPG) and brine geothermal systems for varying reservoir conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 365-377.
- Zhang, Xinxin & Kobayashi, Noriyuki & He, Maogang & Wang, Jingfu, 2016. "An organic group contribution approach to radiative efficiency estimation of organic working fluid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1205-1210.
- Yu, Haoshui & Feng, Xiao & Wang, Yufei & Biegler, Lorenz T. & Eason, John, 2016. "A systematic method to customize an efficient organic Rankine cycle (ORC) to recover waste heat in refineries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 302-315.
- Liu, Qiang & Shen, Aijing & Duan, Yuanyuan, 2015. "Parametric optimization and performance analyses of geothermal organic Rankine cycles using R600a/R601a mixtures as working fluids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 410-420.
More about this item
KeywordsGeothermal binary plant; SF6–CO2 mixture; Cycle efficiency; Heat transfer coefficient; Working fluid;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:106:y:2013:i:c:p:243-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.