Water allocation practices among smallholder farmers in the South Pare Mountains, Tanzania: The issue of scale
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhatt, Yogesh & Bossio, Deborah & Enfors, E. & Gordon, L. & Kongo, V. & Kosgei, J. R. & Makurira, H. & Masuki, K. & Mul, M. & Tumbo, S. D., 2006. "Smallholder system innovations in integrated watershed management (SSI): strategies of water for food and environmental security in drought-prone tropical and subtropical agro-ecosystems," IWMI Working Papers H039095, International Water Management Institute.
- Turpie, J. K. & Ngaga, Y. M. & Karanja, F. K., 2005. "Preliminary economic assessment of water resources of the Pangani River Basin, Tanzania," Conference Papers h041176, International Water Management Institute.
- Swallow, Brent M. & Garrity, Dennis P. & van Noordwijk, Meine, 2001. "The effects of scales, flows and filters on property rights and collective action in watershed management:," CAPRi working papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tomasz Potkanski & William Adams, 1998. "Water scarcity, property regimes and irrigation management in Sonjo, Tanzania," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 86-116.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caretta, Martina Angela, 2015. "Managing variability and scarcity. An analysis of Engaruka: A Maasai smallholder irrigation farming community," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 318-330.
- Minjun Shi & Xiaojun Wang & Hong Yang & Tao Wang, 2014. "Pricing or Quota? A Solution to Water Scarcity in Oasis Regions in China: A Case Study in the Heihe River Basin," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-20, October.
More about this item
KeywordsWater allocation Water sharing agreements Micro-dams Smallholder farmers Spate irrigation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:98:y:2011:i:11:p:1752-1760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.