Classification and valuation of soil ecosystem services
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominati, Estelle & Patterson, Murray & Mackay, Alec, 2010. "Response to Robinson and Lebron -- Learning from complementary approaches to soil natural capital and ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 139-140, December.
- Colombo, Sergio & Calatrava-Requena, Javier & Hanley, Nick, 2006. "Analysing the social benefits of soil conservation measures using stated preference methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 850-861, July.
- Dominati, Estelle & Patterson, Murray & Mackay, Alec, 2010. "A framework for classifying and quantifying the natural capital and ecosystem services of soils," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1858-1868, July.
- de Groot, Rudolf & Brander, Luke & van der Ploeg, Sander & Costanza, Robert & Bernard, Florence & Braat, Leon & Christie, Mike & Crossman, Neville & Ghermandi, Andrea & Hein, Lars & Hussain, Salman & , 2012. "Global estimates of the value of ecosystems and their services in monetary units," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Gómez-Baggethun, Erik & de Groot, Rudolf & Lomas, Pedro L. & Montes, Carlos, 2010. "The history of ecosystem services in economic theory and practice: From early notions to markets and payment schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1209-1218, April.
- Dominati, E.J. & Mackay, A. & Lynch, B. & Heath, N. & Millner, I., 2014. "An ecosystem services approach to the quantification of shallow mass movement erosion and the value of soil conservation practices," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 204-215.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Barrios, Edmundo, 2007. "Soil biota, ecosystem services and land productivity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 269-285, December.
- Drechsel, Pay & Giordano, Mark & Gyiele, Lucy, 2004. "Valuing nutrients in soil and water: concepts and techniques with examples from IWMI studies in the developing world," IWMI Research Reports H035856, International Water Management Institute.
- Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K., 2007. "Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 245-252, December.
- Robinson, David A. & Lebron, Inma, 2010. "On the natural capital and ecosystem services of soils," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 137-138, December.
- Sandhu, Harpinder S. & Wratten, Stephen D. & Cullen, Ross & Case, Brad, 2008. "The future of farming: The value of ecosystem services in conventional and organic arable land. An experimental approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 835-848, February.
- Zhang, Wei & Ricketts, Taylor H. & Kremen, Claire & Carney, Karen & Swinton, Scott M., 2007. "Ecosystem services and dis-services to agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 253-260, December.
- Miranowski, John & Hammes, B., 1984. "Implicit Prices of Soil Characteristics for Farmland in Iowa," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10706, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Craig A. Bond & Dana L. Hoag & Gorm Kipperberg, 2011. "Agricultural Producers and the Environment: A Stated Preference Analysis of Colorado Corn Producers," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 59(1), pages 127-144, March.
- Dominati, E. & Mackay, A. & Green, S. & Patterson, M., 2014. "A soil change-based methodology for the quantification and valuation of ecosystem services from agro-ecosystems: A case study of pastoral agriculture in New Zealand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 119-129.
- John A. Miranowski & Brian D. Hammes, 1984. "Implicit Prices of Soil Characteristics for Farmland in Iowa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(5), pages 745-749.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191.
- Eastwood, Callum & Krausse, Michael & Alexander, Robert R., 2000. "Muddied Waters: Estimating the national economic cost of soil erosion and sedimentation in New Zealand," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123632, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
KeywordsSoil ecosystem services (ES); Soil natural capital; Economic valuation; Earth Critical Zone;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:145:y:2016:i:c:p:24-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.