Global expectations and their association with corporate social disclosure practices in Australia, Singapore, and South Korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowen, Scott S. & Ferreri, Linda B. & Parker, Lee D., 1987. "The impact of corporate characteristics on social responsibility disclosure: A typology and frequency-based analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-122, March.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Teoh, Hai-Yap & Thong, Gregory, 1984. "Another look at corporate social responsibility and reporting: An empirical study in a developing country," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 189-206, June.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1992. "Intra-industry environmental disclosures in response to the Alaskan oil spill: A note on legitimacy theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 471-475, July.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 1999. "Voluntary environmental and social accounting disclosure practices in the Asia-Pacific region: an international empirical test of political economy theory," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 209-238, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ataur Rahman Belal & David L. Owen, 2007. "The views of corporate managers on the current state of, and future prospects for, social reporting in Bangladesh: An engagement-based study," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 472-494, June.
- Susan A. Kayser & John W. Maxwell & Michael W. Toffel, 2014. "Signaling without Certification: The Critical Role of Civil Society Scrutiny," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-009, Harvard Business School, revised Jul 2016.
- Bilal Fayiz Omar & Nidal Omar Zallom, 2016. "Corporate social responsibility and market value: evidence from Jordan," Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 2-29, July.
- René Orij, 2010. "Corporate social disclosures in the context of national cultures and stakeholder theory," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(7), pages 868-889, September.
- Mohammad Jizi & Aly Salama & Robert Dixon & Rebecca Stratling, 2014. "Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure: Evidence from the US Banking Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(4), pages 601-615, December.
- Yousef Shahwan & Nor Raihan Mohammad, 2016. "Descriptive Evidence Of Corporate Governance & Oecd Principles For Compliance With Jordanian Companies," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:178-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhamad Roslan Muhamad Yusoff & Ahmad Rahman Songip & Mas Bambang Baroto & Aini Suzana Ariffin, 2016. "Catalysing Growth Through Board Members Engagement In Strategy Execution," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Muhammad Azizul Islam & Shamima Haque & Thusitha Dissanayake & Philomena Leung & Karen Handley, 2015. "Corporate Disclosure in Relation to Combating Corporate Bribery: A Case Study of Two Chinese Telecommunications Companies," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(3), pages 309-326, September.
- Kamarudeen Babatunde Bello & Ahmad Jusoh & Khalil Md Nor, 2016. "Perspectives On Consumers’ Response To Corporate Social Responsibility," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Ismail Bin Lebai Othman & Sulaman Hafeez Siddiqui & Her Taufik, 2016. "Resistance Factors To Community Participation In Sustainable Tourism Development In Northern Sumatra Indonesia," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Ataur Belal & Robin Roberts, 2010. "Stakeholders’ Perceptions of Corporate Social Reporting in Bangladesh," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(2), pages 311-324, December.
- Mohammad Talha, 2010. "What prompts firms to choose between business and geographic segments as a primary segment?," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 17-31, February.
- Kalu Joseph Ufere & Aliagha Godwin Uche & Buang Bin Alias, 2016. "Social Determinants Of Voluntary Carbon Information Disclosure In The Real Estate Sector Of Malaysia," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Roziana Shaari & Siti Aisyah Panatik & A. Rajab & Zainab Khalifah, 2016. "Engaging University’S Roles In Social Inclusion," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- de Villiers, Charl & van Staden, Chris J., 2006. "Can less environmental disclosure have a legitimising effect? Evidence from Africa," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 763-781, November.
- Ntim, Collins G., 2016. "Corporate governance, corporate health accounting, and firm value: The case of HIV/AIDS disclosures in Sub-Saharan Africa," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 155-216.
- Susan A. Kayser & John W. Maxwell & Michael W. Toffel, 2014. "Supply chain screening without certification: The critical role of stakeholder pressure," Working Papers 2014-08, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:1:p:75-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farouk Djermani & Arfan Shahzad & Adnan Ahmed Sheikh & Jamal Mohammed Esmail Alekam, 2016. "Factors Influencing The Intention To Use E-Government Services In Algeria: An Empirical Study," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Christopher Marquis & Michael W. Toffel & Yanhua Zhou, 2011. "Scrutiny, Norms, and Selective Disclosure: A Global Study of Greenwashing," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-115, Harvard Business School, revised Jul 2015.
- Giovanna Michelon, 2007. "Sustainability disclosure and reputation: a comparative study," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0044, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Sadia Majeed & Tariq Aziz & Saba Saleem, 2015. "The Effect of Corporate Governance Elements on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Disclosure: An Empirical Evidence from Listed Companies at KSE Pakistan," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 1-27, November.
- Moazzem Hossain & Angela Hecimovic & Aklema Choudhury Lema, 2015. "Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility Reporting Practices from an Emerging Mobile Telecommunications Market," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(4), pages 389-404, December.
- Gallego-Álvarez, Prof. Isabel & Ortas, Prof. Eduardo, 2017. "Corporate environmental sustainability reporting in the context of national cultures: A quantile regression approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 337-353.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:37:y:2002:i:2:p:183-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.