Voluntary environmental and social accounting disclosure practices in the Asia-Pacific region: an international empirical test of political economy theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Freedman, Martin & Jaggi, Bikki, 1982. "Pollution disclosures, pollution performance and economic performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 167-176.
- Cowen, Scott S. & Ferreri, Linda B. & Parker, Lee D., 1987. "The impact of corporate characteristics on social responsibility disclosure: A typology and frequency-based analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-122, March.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Zhao, Ronald, 1996. "Environmental performance and reporting: Perceptions of managers and accounting professionals in Hong Kong," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 333-346.
- Salter, Stephen B., 1998. "Corporate financial disclosure in emerging markets: Does economic development matter?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 211-234.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Cooke, Terence E. & Wallace, R. S. Olusegun, 1990. "Financial disclosure regulation and its environment: A review and further analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 79-110.
- Ingram, Rw & Frazier, Kb, 1980. "Environmental Performance And Corporate Disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 614-622.
- Darrell, W. & Schwartz, Bill N., 1997. "Environmental disclosures and public policy pressure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 125-154.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1992. "Intra-industry environmental disclosures in response to the Alaskan oil spill: A note on legitimacy theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 471-475, July.
- Arnold, Patricia & Hammond, Theresa, 1994. "The role of accounting in ideological conflict: Lessons from the South African divestment movement," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 111-126, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Astami, Emita W. & Tower, Greg, 2006. "Accounting-policy choice and firm characteristics in the Asia Pacific region: An international empirical test of Costly Contracting Theory," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-21.
- Newson, Marc & Deegan, Craig, 2002. "Global expectations and their association with corporate social disclosure practices in Australia, Singapore, and South Korea," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 183-213.
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & Linghui Fu & Herve Stolowy & Huiwen Wang, 2006.
"Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV),"
European Accounting Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-218.
- Yuan Ding & Hervé Stolowy & Linghui Fu & Huiwen Wang, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," Working Papers hal-00587233, HAL.
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & L. Fu & Hervé Stolowy & H. Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," Post-Print hal-00200812, HAL.
- Hervé Stolowy & Yuan Ding & Marie Chavent & L. Fu & H. Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," Post-Print halshs-00119585, HAL.
- DING, Yuan & STOLOWY, Hervé & FU, Linghui & WANG, Huiwen, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies : an extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," HEC Research Papers Series 798, HEC Paris.
- Garcia-Meca, Emma & Martinez, Isabel, 2007. "The use of intellectual capital information in investment decisions: An empirical study using analyst reports," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 57-81.
- Hadrian Gery Djajadikerta & Terri Trireksani, 2012. "Corporate social and environmental disclosure by Indonesian listed companies on their corporate web sites," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 21-36, May.
- Mahoney, Lois S. & Thorne, Linda & Cecil, Lianna & LaGore, William, 2013. "A research note on standalone corporate social responsibility reports: Signaling or greenwashing?," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 350-359.
- Heidhues, Eva & Patel, Chris, 2011. "A critique of Gray's framework on accounting values using Germany as a case study," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 273-287.
- Radhakrishnan, Suresh & Tsang, Albert & Liu, Rubing, 2018. "A Corporate Social Responsibility Framework for Accounting Research," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 274-294.
- X. Meng & S. Zeng & C. Tam, 2013. "From Voluntarism to Regulation: A Study on Ownership, Economic Performance and Corporate Environmental Information Disclosure in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 217-232, August.
- Marc de Bourmont, 2010. "Les Etudes Portant Sur Les Determinants D'Une Publication Volontaire D'Informations Au Sein Des Rapports Annuels : L'Interet De La Realisation D'Une Analyse Multi-Echantillons / Multi-Periodes," Post-Print hal-00481107, HAL.
- M. A. Gulzar & Jacob Cherian & Jinsoo Hwang & Yushi Jiang & Muhammad Safdar Sial, 2019. "The Impact of Board Gender Diversity and Foreign Institutional Investors on the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Engagement of Chinese Listed Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Abeysekera, Indra, 2014. "Why do firms disclose and not disclose structural intangibles?," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 381-393.
- García-Sánchez, Isabel-María & Suárez-Fernández, Oscar & Martínez-Ferrero, Jennifer, 2019. "Female directors and impression management in sustainability reporting," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 359-374.
- Daniela Coluccia & Stefano Fontana & Silvia Solimene, 2018. "Does Institutional Context Affect CSR Disclosure? A Study on Eurostoxx 50," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, August.
- Abdullah, Wan Amalina Wan & Percy, Majella & Stewart, Jenny, 2015. "Determinants of voluntary corporate governance disclosure: Evidence from Islamic banks in the Southeast Asian and the Gulf Cooperation Council regions," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 262-279.
- Ntim, Collins G., 2016. "Corporate governance, corporate health accounting, and firm value: The case of HIV/AIDS disclosures in Sub-Saharan Africa," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 155-216.
- Daniel Kouloukoui & Sônia Maria da Silva Gomes & Marcia Mara de Oliveira Marinho & Ednildo Andrade Torres & Asher Kiperstok & Pieter de Jong, 2018. "Disclosure of climate risk information by the world’s largest companies," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 23(8), pages 1251-1279, December.
- Haslinda Yusoff & Glen Lehman & Noraini Mohd Nasir, 2006. "Environmental engagements through the lens of disclosure practices: A Malaysian story," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 122-148, July.
- María Luisa Pajuelo Moreno & Teresa Duarte-Atoche, 2019. "Relationship between Sustainable Disclosure and Performance—An Extension of Ullmann’s Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-33, August.
- Hooks, Jill & Stewart, Ross, 2015. "The changing role of accounting: From consumers to shareholders," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 86-101.
- Elena Barbu, 2005. "Une Meilleure Connaissance De L'Environnement Comptable : Condition Sine Qua Non D'Une Meilleure Comprehension De L'Harmonisation Comptable Internationale," Post-Print halshs-00581120, HAL.
- Ioannis Nikolaou & Konstantinos Evangelinos, 2012. "Financial and non-financial environmental information: significant factors for corporate environmental performance measuring," International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1), pages 61-77.
- Pramanik, Alok Kumar & Shil, Nikhil Chandra & Das, Bhagaban, 2007. "Environmental accounting and reporting With special reference to India," MPRA Paper 7712, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Oct 2007.
- Waris Ali & Maha Faisal Alsayegh & Zubair Ahmad & Zeeshan Mahmood & Javed Iqbal, 2018. "The Relationship between Social Visibility and CSR Disclosure," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-32, March.
- Gallego-Álvarez, Prof. Isabel & Ortas, Prof. Eduardo, 2017. "Corporate environmental sustainability reporting in the context of national cultures: A quantile regression approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 337-353.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:34:y:1999:i:2:p:209-238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.