The Interest Rate Channel in Turkey: An Investigation with Kalman Filter Approach
The monetary authority affects the aggregate demand and investment expenditure via controlling short run interest rates. It is important to satisfy the price stability together with working interest rate channel. This study aims to investigate the validity of interest rate channel in Turkey since the inflation targeting period starting with the year 2002. The sample period covers quarterly data from 1990:1 to 2011:3. It is stated that after the 2002 efficiency of interest rate channel increases.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Pages: 874 - 884
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econjournals.com|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "Symposium on the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 3-10, Fall.
- Paxil Butzen & Catherine Fuss & Philip Vermeulen, 2002.
"The interest rate and crédit channels in Belgium: an investigation with micro-level firm data,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 45(3), pages 5-36.
- Butzen, Paul & Fuss, Catherine & Vermeulen, Philip, 2001. "The interest rate and credit channels in Belgium: An investigation with micro-level firm data," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A3-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Paul Butzen & Catherine Fuss & Philip Vermeulen, 2001. "The interest rate and credit channels in Belgium: an investigation with micro-level firm data," Working Paper Research 18, National Bank of Belgium.
- Butzen, Paul & Fuss, Catherine & Vermeulen, Philip, 2001. "The interest rate and credit channel in Belgium: an investigation with micro-level firm data," Working Paper Series 0107, European Central Bank.
- Apostoaie Constantin Marius & Roman Angela, 2010. "The Particularities Of The Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism In Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 658-664, December.
- Peersman, Gert & Smets, Frank, 2001. "The monetary transmission mechanism in the euro area: more evidence from VAR analysis," Working Paper Series 0091, European Central Bank.
- Stephanos Papadamou & Georgios Oikonomou, 2007. "The Monetary Transmission Mechanism: Evidence from Eight Economies in Transition," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 559-576.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Manuchehr Irandoust, 2008. "The Fisher effect: a Kalman filter approach to detecting structural change," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 619-624.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E., 1973. "A Markov model for switching regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-15, March.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Sanchita Mukherjee & Rina Bhattacharya, 2011. "Inflation Targeting and Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms in Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 11/229, International Monetary Fund.
- Markus Demary, 2010. "The interplay between output, inflation, interest rates and house prices: international evidence," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Claus, Iris, 2011.
"Inside the black box: How important is the credit channel relative to the interest and exchange rate channels?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12.
- Claus, Iris, 2011. "Inside the black box: How important is the credit channel relative to the interest and exchange rate channels?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 1-12, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2013-04-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.