On the Consistency of Nonlinear FIML
Examples are given which show that:(i) normality is not Necessary for the consistency of the quasi maximum likelihood estimator in the nonlinear simultaneous equations model (nonlinear FIML) even when there are major departures from linearity; and (ii) the lemma which is used extensively by Amemiya  in the theoretical development of the properties of nonlinear FIML under the assumption of normality is, as presently stated, incorrect.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 50 (1982)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.econometricsociety.org/publications/econometrica/access/ordering-back-issues Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1977. "Three-stage least-squares estimation for a system of simultaneous, nonlinear, implicit equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 71-88, January.
- Ray C. Fair & William R. Parke, 1979.
"Full Information Estimates of a Nonlinear Macroeconometric Model,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
519, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fair, Ray C. & Parke, William R., 1980. "Full-information estimates of a nonlinear macroeconometric model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 269-291, August.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "The nonlinear two-stage least-squares estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 105-110, July.
- Gallant, A Ronald & Holly, Alberto, 1980. "Statistical Inference in an Implicit, Nonlinear, Simultaneous Equation Model in the Context of Maximum Likelihood Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 697-720, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:50:y:1982:i:5:p:1307-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.