Price and Productivity Change Following Deregulation: The U.S. Experience
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert B. Archibald, 1977. "On the Theory of Industrial Price Measurement Output Price Indexes," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 6, number 1, pages 57-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgess, David F., 1974. "Production theory and the derived demand for imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-117, May.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsi-hui & Majumdar, Sumit K., 1995. "The consequences of evolving competition on the components of firms' profits: Recent evidence from the U.S. telecommunications industry," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 37-56, April.
- Behrens, Kristian & Carl Gaigne & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2006.
"Is the regulation of the transport sector always detrimental to consumers?,"
CIRJE-F-455, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2007. "Is the Regulation of the Transport Sector Always Detrimental to Consumers?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6185, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neuberger, Doris, 1997. "Direct Banking - A Demand Pull and Technology Push Innovation," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 05, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Jennifer K. Shanefelter, 2008. "Restructuring, Ownership and Efficiency: The Case of Labor in Electricity Generation," EAG Discussions Papers 200812, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Hilary Ingham & Steve Thompson, 1993. "Structural deregulation and market entry: the case of financial services," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Claessens,Constantijn A.*Djankov, Simeon, 1998. "Politicians and firms in seven central and eastern European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1954, The World Bank.
- Xuejuan Su, 2015.
"Have customers benefited from electricity retail competition?,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 146-182, April.
- Su, Xuejuan, 2012. "Have Customers Benefited from Electricity Retail Competition?," Working Papers 2012-21, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Kira R. Fabrizio & Nancy L. Rose & Catherine D. Wolfram, 2007.
"Do Markets Reduce Costs? Assessing the Impact of Regulatory Restructuring on US Electric Generation Efficiency,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1250-1277, September.
- Kira Markiewicz & Nancy L. Rose & Catherine Wolfram, 2004. "Do Markets Reduce Costs? Assessing the Impact of Regulatory Restructuring on U.S. Electric Generation Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 11001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Encaoua & Philippe Koebel, 1987. "Réglementation et déréglementation des télécommunications : leçons anglo-saxonnes et perspectives d'évolution en France," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 38(2), pages 475-520.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 2002. "Privatization benefits in Eastern Europe," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 307-324, March.
- McCarthy, Patrick S, 1995. "The 1982 Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA): Implications of relaxed truck weight and size limits for highway safety," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 107-117, April.
- Simeon Djankov & Stijn Claessens, 1997. "Enterprise Performance and Managers' Profiles," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 115, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Laurent Kenigswald, 1995. "Transport aérien : bilan de l'expérience américaine de libéralisation et leçon pour l'Europe," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, pages 73-86.
- Arano, Kathleen G. & Blair, Benjamin F., 2008. "An ex-post welfare analysis of natural gas regulation in the industrial sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 789-806, May.
- David Encaoua, 1986. "Réglementation et concurrence : quelques éléments de théorie économique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 76(5), pages 7-46.
- Kierzkowski, Henryk, 1990. "International Trade in Services and Deregulation of Domestic Markets," Working Paper Series 278, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:96:y:1986:i:381:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.