Endogenous Market Structure and Fiscal Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model with Public Capital
This paper develops an endogenous growth model with public capital and imperfect competition. In the model, we take into account monopolistic competition of intermidiate sector and endogenous determination of the number of firms in the sector by considering the fixed cost to keep production going. We show that the number of firms in intermidiate sector is affected by fiscal policy. Furthermore, it is demonstrated in the paper that market structure plays a key role in reducing the growth-maximizing tax rate.
Volume (Year): 15 (2006)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Futagami, Koichi & Morita, Yuichi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1993. " Dynamic Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model with Public Capital," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 607-25, December.
- Hassan Molana & Junxi Zhang, 1999.
"Market Structure and Fiscal Policy Effectiveness,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
104, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Wu, Yangru & Zhang, Junxi, 2000. "Endogenous markups and the effects of income taxation:: Theory and evidence from OECD countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 383-406, September.
- Coto-Martinez, Javier, 2006. "Public capital and imperfect competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 349-378, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-06o10007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.