Money and output interaction in Nigeria: an econometric investigation using multivariate cointegration technique
This paper derives and estimates a barro-type reduced form equation for domestic real output from a simple structural model of an open developing economy in which markets clear continuously and expectations are rational. The form in which open economy variables appeared was explicitly derived from an underlying structural model. The model was adapted to Nigerian Economy by according an important role to imported intermediate goods. The empirical result provided support for the open economy model of output determination in Nigeria.
Volume (Year): 3 (2004)
Issue (Month): 30 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pagan, Adrian, 1986.
"Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 517-38, August.
- Adrian Pagan, 1985. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 741, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dr. Godwin Chukwudum Nwaobi, 2004. "Modelling Economic Fluctuations In Subsaharan Africa:A Vector Autoregressive Approach," Macroeconomics 0406008, EconWPA.
- Attfield, Clifford L F & Duck, Nigel W, 1983. "The Influence of Unanticipated Money Growth on Real Output: Some Cross-Country Estimates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(4), pages 442-54, November.
- Attfield, C. L. F. & Demery, D. & Duck, N. W., 1981. "A quarterly model of unanticipated monetary growth, output and the price level in the U.K. 1963-1978," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 331-350.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Sheehey, Edmund J., 1984. "Money and output in Latin America : Some tests of a rational expectations approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 203-218.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-04c50001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.