Money and output interaction in Nigeria: an econometric investigation using multivariate cointegration technique
This paper derives and estimates a barro-type reduced form equation for domestic real output from a simple structural model of an open developing economy in which markets clear continuously and expectations are rational. The form in which open economy variables appeared was explicitly derived from an underlying structural model. The model was adapted to Nigerian Economy by according an important role to imported intermediate goods. The empirical result provided support for the open economy model of output determination in Nigeria.
Volume (Year): 3 (2004)
Issue (Month): 30 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adrian Pagan, 1986.
"Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 517-538.
- Adrian Pagan, 1985. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 741, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Attfield, Clifford L F & Duck, Nigel W, 1983. "The Influence of Unanticipated Money Growth on Real Output: Some Cross-Country Estimates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(4), pages 442-454, November.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Sheehey, Edmund J., 1984. "Money and output in Latin America : Some tests of a rational expectations approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 203-218.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Attfield, C. L. F. & Demery, D. & Duck, N. W., 1981. "A quarterly model of unanticipated monetary growth, output and the price level in the U.K. 1963-1978," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 331-350.
- Dr. Godwin Chukwudum Nwaobi, 2004. "Modelling Economic Fluctuations In Subsaharan Africa:A Vector Autoregressive Approach," Macroeconomics 0406008, EconWPA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-04c50001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.