Financial Intermediation and Entry-Deterrence: A survey
In this paper, we summarize the findings of a series of our papers on the relationship between financial contracting and the game of entry-deterrence in a dynamic context.The incumbent has private information about its cost and enters into an agency relationship with a lender in each of the two periods. We examine the effect of this agency relationship on the probability of entry and limit pricing on the one hand and the effect of the game of entry-deterrence on the form of the financial contract on the other. The three papers make different assumptions about the uncertainty of demand and the informational structure.
Volume (Year): 12 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Gordon M., 1995. "Increased debt and industry product markets An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 189-238, February.
- Kovenock, Dan & Phillips, Gordon, 1995.
"Capital Structure and Product-Market Rivalry: How Do We Reconcile Theory and Evidence?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 403-408, May.
- Dan Kovenock & Gordon M Phillips, 1995. "Capital Structure And Product Market Rivalry: How Do We Reconcile Theory And Evidence?," Working Papers 95-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Poitevin, M., 1987.
"Strategic Financial Signalling,"
Cahiers de recherche
8755, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Neelam Jain & Thomas D. Jeitschko & Leonard J. Mirman, 2001.
"Financial Intermediation and Entry Deterrence,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-037/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1990. "A Theory of Predation Based on Agency Problems in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Thomas D. Jeitschko & Egas Salgueiro, 2002.
"The simple analytics of information and experimentation in dynamic agency,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 19(3), pages 549-570.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Leonard J. Mirman & Egas Salgueiro, 2004. "The simple analytics of information and experimentation in dynamic agency," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 12, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-01l10001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.